Anyone ever use this marketing company for your website?

JimLewis

LawnSite Fanatic
If you have that kind of money - to pay someone to build a really professional website for you - do all the SEO stuff for it - and handle your lead generation, marketing and closing system for you - it will probably work pretty well. The cost will be pretty friggin' high though. I can guarantee you that.

I didn't have that kind of money. You asked what worked for me. What worked for me was finding a really talented website designer who wasn't very expensive. Then I started with a fairly basic site with just 5 or 10 pages. Over time I added more and more pages, as I could afford to. Over time, I found ways to update the site a little here and there - adding some extra flare when I could afford to.

As for SEO, I did all that myself. At the time, I couldn't afford the thousands of dollars that the really good SEO guys charge. But I figured, "Hey, I'm a smart guy. I'm pretty good with computers. I have hundreds of hours free all winter long where I'm not working so much. I could probably figure out this SEO thing on my own. So I set out to do just that. And it worked. Took a long time and literally hundreds of hours studying and reading about SEO and what really works and what doesn't. But over time I figured it all out on my own. And it's still something I work on regularly, whenever I get free time. SEO isn't something you can just do once. It's an ongoing process in some ways.

As for creating leads and closing sales, if your phone is ringing because you have great search engine placement, then you won't have to worry about lead generation. That alone is all the lead generation you need. As for closing the sale, we do fairly well. I am sure there are things that I could learn to increase our closing ratio. But we land a pretty fair percentage of our bids as it is. I'm not really at the point where I need to hire someone to help me figure out how to land more jobs. We grew by $500,000 in sales the last two years straight. So I'm just trying to keep up with the leads we are already getting and jobs we are already landing.

Anyway, if you got the funds, it sounds like this company has a pretty good system and makes really nice professional sites. So if you can afford them, it would probably be money well spent. The problem is; most LCOs and landscapers I know couldn't afford to hire companies like this. I could now. But I couldn't have a few years ago when I really needed it. So I had to find other ways.

JimLewis

LawnSite Fanatic
I would caution you on the Wordpress deal. I've seen a few sites done that way. One of my bigger competitors in town (at least in lawn maintenance) uses one of their templates for their landscape site and their site doesn't look very professional at all. I am not going to post it in an open forum. But if you want to see their [wordpress-made] site, just PM me and I will send that to you so you can compare their site with mine and other sites. I think you'll see what I mean. It's really basic. Not what I would want representing my company. I think you could do a whole lot better having a good, inexpensive web designer make a custom site for you. Just my opinion.

There may be some good sites that were created by Wordpress, but I haven't seen one done by them that I've been very impressed with yet.

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
A website is your menu.

You go to a nice restaurant and they usually have a nice menu, usually bound with a hardback cover and backing.

Go to a cheap restaurant and they'll have a pamphlet at the counter for you to order from.

If you do nice work and take pride in your work and if you want quality leads - your site needs to reflect that.

A website is not an expense. It's an investment.

Quality pics is equally important. I get a laugh out of website with pictures of patios with kids toys on the patios, un-established turf, pics of patio where there is more house in the pic than patio.

Posted via Mobile Device