• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Anyone excited about the new Regenerative Ryegrasses?

SeedPro

LawnSite Bronze Member
Article in this months Turf Magazine. A stoloniferous ryegrass. Yay!

I do a lot of machine seeding and hope to see it available sometime soon at local vendors but it may be a while with patents involved etc.

OP
S

SeedPro

LawnSite Bronze Member
Im going to need to look a little closer. Musta missed that article. Like the sounds of it though.
It's in the new zine I just got the other day. Rye grass being more or less a weak rhizonomous turf grass requiring heavy pound per thousand application rates has long been it's one drawback in my opinion.

An aggressive stoloniferous RG is a great move in the right direction.

integrityman

LawnSite Bronze Member
It's in the new zine I just got the other day. Rye grass being more or less a weak rhizonomous turf grass requiring heavy pound per thousand application rates has long been it's one drawback in my opinion.

An aggressive stoloniferous RG is a great move in the right direction.
Concurr- Id love to see a ryegrass that does well in shady areas too. I really like ryegrass for its quick germination, dark green color, hardiness to cold, but it doesnt generate worth a crap......

OP
S

SeedPro

LawnSite Bronze Member
Concurr- Id love to see a ryegrass that does well in shady areas too. I really like ryegrass for its quick germination, dark green color, hardiness to cold, but it doesnt generate worth a crap......
Ditto. I use a lot of it since they have improved is as a turf type over the years.

I dislike chewings fescue and creeping red fescue in shade too.
I have to use it occasionally but don't prefer it.