Anyone get sentimental over a yard?

OakNut

LawnSite Fanatic
There are a few that I miss taking care of - especially the ones that I had cut for years and the new people do it themselves and now it looks like crap.

Just this past week, I was considering texting a pic (to a former client) of the clumps of dried grass all over a lawn that used to look so nice while I was cutting it.

Some of the people I miss.
Had a lady who used to bring a cold bottle of water out and set it on a wall for me when I was nearly finished.

I miss the women who used to pull cash out of her bikini top to pay me too. ;)

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Today was my last cut for a great customer who tipped every time I cut. He's moving off to Mississippi and I've cut the yard for four seasons. Young couple moving in that doesn't care as much about having a great-looking yard. My last 10 minutes, or so, I was thinking of it being my last cut.
Love your avatar. I think everyone has had at least one lawn that they felt nostalgic about never coming back to.

Groomer

LawnSite Gold Member
I've been fortunate to cut for some fantastic clients over the years-I miss the old country club crowd who have now sadly moved on, though I still retain some accounts where I've inherited the new people.

I've been around long enough to see quite a few properties change hands-always bittersweet after taking care of a place for so many years.

but hey, that's the way it works, we're all just passing through, right?

Doc8406

LawnSite Fanatic
nope.jpg

Doc8406

LawnSite Fanatic
I lost a yard but I do not miss it one bit. It was a $70 yard but to much trimming and having to mow a slop was to much. The client moved away and I was very happy.
i think that i would have "moved" away way before they moved away!

Top Forums