Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a few people here have said they've seen the new 04 Lazer Z's but nobody has posted any pics. I'ld really like to order one, but have no idea what the new ones look like. My dealer said he won't order any unless I'm going to by one. Based on the past Lazers I'm confident that they're great but would still like to at least see on before I buy one.
Anyone got pics?

:confused:

· Registered
1,534 Posts
If your dealer is that cash strapped you need to find another dealer that will have a demo machine availible for you to use on your accounts "before" you make any buying decisions.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my dealer is huge, they have several around the state too, but they try hard to push Hustler, John Deere, and Dixie Choppers. Only had 2 Lazer Z's this year. Also 2 HP demo's and some WB, but won't order any new Lazer's this year enless I pay for them up front.

· Registered
8,205 Posts

· Registered
966 Posts
what the @*#$!! they change it now after i bought a new Z in july?are they making them with kawi or kohlers??

· Registered
8,205 Posts
23, 27, 28 Kohlers
27 Kawi's
27, 31 Daihatsu's

Though I believe the first ones through are the regular 60" 27hp Kohlers.

I'm not certain, but there may be running changes in the LC models.

I sure hope that ROPS bar is REMOVABLE, cause even with it folded its going to be getting in MY way.

· Registered
11,410 Posts
Originally posted by TLS
I sure hope that ROPS bar is REMOVABLE, cause even with it folded its going to be getting in MY way.
I think you'll change your mind when you get one. If they are exactly like the ones on the new Toro, they are great. The bar folds down low enough for plenty of clearance. If I remember correctly, less than a foot above the sticks. Anyways, anything that hits what's left sticking up will probably hit you in the head while you are ducking first.

· Registered
8,205 Posts
If anything is any bigger than my back seat cushion (wider or taller), IT'LL GET IN MY WAY. I'm always ducking under branches that scrape the top of my seat.

· Registered
11,410 Posts
Originally posted by Phishook
Why would you even want it (roll bar)?

It seams the controls are in a better place though.
#1- You NEVER know when the unexpected might happen.

#2- Some of us are crazy enough to mow places with our Z's that goats should be grazing on.

As for the controls, I think they should have went with the fat sticks like Toro. They are NICE.

· Registered
14,229 Posts
They Better get there act together and put suspension on the lazer.

But i hope the NEW mower is more exiting as the totally new design mower.

· Registered
523 Posts
I traded my 03 23hp 60" yesterday for a 04 27hp 60". I love this mower. I saved me a bunch of time. The 27 hp Kohler just kept on cutting with no backing down. I love the new controls being on the tank. My problem is I keep reaching between my legs looking for them.:rolleyes: TLS where did you get the picture? I need one for my wall of fame. Beware to all. If you have a bagger to transfer youi must change the front spindle caps. The ones on the 04'3 are taller so the weights dont fit the same. Other than that the bagger fits right on.:D

· Registered
523 Posts
That was the only 27hp 60" he had. As a matter of fact Jay had loaded it on some one elses trailer to demo and Mr Jesse had to tell him that it was sold.

· Registered
15,214 Posts
Did they make any changes in the deck? Someone had mentioned (but they were unsure), that they may have gone to an 8" deep deck. By the pic, it didn't look like it...

· Registered
523 Posts
That a negative on the deck changes. It looks identical to the 03 model.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.