1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone has pics of their 5x8 enclosed trailers?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tcalb2, Mar 19, 2007.

1. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

I have a 5x8 enclosed trailer with my 36, a lawn dethatcher, leaf blower and string trimmer and I want to see if anyone has any photos of their 5x8 enclosed trailer. I'm knocking my head against a wall trying to figure out how to store this stuff in it. Eventaully i want to get a bigger trailer but I gotta make this work for now. thanks

2. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

3. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

thanks for the photos, I spent all day today trying to make my setup more practal in there. I like the floating shelf you have in the front of your trailer. I was thinking about making something like that because I have a dethatcher I store up in the front of my trailer. How does this shelf work out for you?

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Do you not have other means of storing the dethatcher? If so, why keep it in there all the time, save the space.

5. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

Yea unfortunatly I don't have any other means to store it. I store my trailer at my girlfriends mother's house and they don't have a shed. I working on maybe buying a temporary storage shed. I just haven't seen any that don't look like you could break into them with a knife ha.

6. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i am also interested in seeing 5X8 foot trailer pictures. I will be purchasing a small trailer and would like to see some set ups. thanks. LawnInOrder

7. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

the shelf was working out great, i had everything organized in there. but i just bought a 36 inch mower and ripped all the shelving out(except the top one) so that i could fit the 36 and 21 in there. i need another shelf in there for gas cans and other rhings, so im going to re-work the shelf i took out and make something work.

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you haul in a 5 x 8 seems a little small to be using

9. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

what would be a good size for 36" stander and a 32/36" scag and a 21. Thats as big as i would get. Mostly likely just a 36" stander and a 21 mower. let me know thanks

10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go with a 6 x 12 minimum because you will always need extra room and we all find that out after getting started, Id say get a bigger size trailer then a 5 x 8 you'll thank yourself in the long run