Lawn Care Forum banner

Anyone have a dedicated mulch/brush trailer?

3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Ready to Mow 
#1 ·
I kind of want to keep my 6.5x12 trailer to use for mulch, but I have to pay $55 month to store it. It's nice to just have mulch already on the trailer and not have to scrape out every last bit for the sole purpose of getting it off the trailer.

#4 ·
My dump trailer is my dedicated mulch/ brush trailer. Unless it's plugging season my mowing trailer is always loaded with mowers. But I also have room to keep multiple trailers. I actually have 5. The 18ft mowing trailer, a smaller 14ft mowing trailer. A 20 ft equipment trailer. A light duty 16 ft equipment trailer and a 14ft dump trailer.

#6 ·
That’s why I love living in the country... I can park them wherever I want on my property! No Charge!! Doesn’t help the OP, but I love owning land! Haha

#8 ·
That's why I love living in the country... I can park them wherever I want on my property! No Charge!! Doesn't help the OP, but I love owning land! Haha
Haha yeah your right about that! I got 20 acre up here. Got plenty of room to put stuff and don't have to pay dump fees either. Everything goes into a brush pile and gets burned two or three times a year

#22 ·
I've done some more thinking on this and I think it's worth it because that way I can just keep a good sized pile of mulch on the trailer all the time and just treat it like a gas tank and refill when needed. I find that a bunch of time and materials is wasted because I have to get the last bit of mulch off to either finish the job or just get it off the trailer so I can put the mowers back on.

Imo it takes longer and is more difficult to get the last bit of mulch off cause you have to bend down more. Or you're just wasting material cause you have half a yard extra that needs to be dumped into a flowered that already has enough mulch.

Opinions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.