Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts
I could call it "we only string trim" lawns and edging.
"thank you for calling, what can I string trim for you?"

Do you remove small trees?

"Yes, It'll be $10,000 because of the time involved to do it with a string trimmer!"

Thank you, tell a freind...

If you have a 4 person rack, you can just have 4 people trim the hole yard and you wont even have to get the mower off...:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I might get pulled over if I have 4 people in a rack on my trailer.

I have had one for several years now. The size is about the entire width and length of my gate. It is a metal sign that I used self tapping screws to tap into the trailer. In regards to how it has held up, I would say pretty good overall.
Downfalls - it of course causes another point of resistance so expect your fuel mileage to go down.
As far as cost. I think it was roughly $125
I installed mine a little lower for that reason. I am sure that it catches some air but I think the mowers kind of break it up some. I do think I can feel it a little though.

I made the sign about 3' high and the width of my trailer so I could see over it and the resistance wouldnt be much more than the equipment and the tray up front. I drilled holes every inch on a piece of angle iron and then cut out six pieces and welded them to the ramp for brackets. I made the backing myself for ridgidity so the total price was $300. I could get the same thing on aluminum for less than $200. I put the ramp up when working so it is a billboard when people drive by. I kept it simple, cause everyone assumes I do lawn stuff and I don't feel a need for an infinite list. I made it EYE catching and the Phone # readable from over 2 blocks away.
Yes, your sign does have a nice eye catching look to it.

So did you make that out of metal or what is it on?

Do you know a good size sign for a 5*10.
The one I have on this tread in the pix was on my 5x10 before I got that trailer and it fit OK. You will have to go back and read my post on here, I gave the size but don't remember it now. It really depends on how your gate is made and how you want to put it on, but as long as you are handy and creative, it should not matter to much.
I would not make it to cover the whole gate though, the drag from the wind will kill your gas mileage.

If I can have a large sign up I will. A tail will give me 3x 5 that is good visibilty. I do not put those magnetic signs on the door. It is not professional looking.

Both of my trucks and my trailer are wrapped or have signs. I can not state this enough, The signs must be large enough to read at a distance. Not one car away.

The one I have on this tread in the pix was on my 5x10 before I got that trailer and it fit OK. You will have to go back and read my post on here, I gave the size but don't remember it now. It really depends on how your gate is made and how you want to put it on, but as long as you are handy and creative, it should not matter to much.
I would not make it to cover the whole gate though, the drag from the wind will kill your gas mileage.
I was thinking 2*3 or 3*2.

If I can have a large sign up I will. A tail will give me 3x 5 that is good visibilty. I do not put those magnetic signs on the door. It is not professional looking.

Both of my trucks and my trailer are wrapped or have signs. I can not state this enough, The signs must be large enough to read at a distance. Not one car away.
Yes, I agree.....

Does it make it harder to see at all? I'm just envisioning when I look in the mirror while in traffic I can clearly see between the gate now, does having the full sign make it significantly harder to see?

Also, what all did you include on the sign? I was thinking Name of company, phone number, slogan, FULLY INSURED, maybe website, maybe Residential & Commerical... I don't want it to get too cluttered though.

Would you mind posting a pic of how yours is set up?
How much is fully insured?????????

Check with your attorney before posting something like that on anything you own. It's like putting a target on your back that says sue me!

How much is enough? About 20 plus years ago we were going to put that on an ad and our attorney asked me why were putting that on the ad. I said I want people to know we have insurance. He said how much is enough? I said, I don't know you are the attorney you tell me? He said, imagine one of your trucks going through a red light and hitting a car with five pregnant women in it and they all die. Now you have ten dead people. Now do you have enough?

His point was well taken that there is always an instance that questions what's enough. Put insured on things if anything at all. If you look professional, it will be assumed that you are insured and if they hire you, you can get them a certificate.

Just my .02 worth.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.