Anyone have experience with the toro spreader sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marine03112, Nov 15, 2017.

1. hawk1004

hawk1004 LawnSite Member

I currently spray mostly broadleaf. Ill have to look into spraying pre ems. I would like to spray fungicides but the volume is too low.

2. hawk1004

hawk1004 LawnSite Member

I currently get .50 /1000. With broadleaf, I could drop down to the .25 probably with good success but I prefer a little more carrier.

3. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

Brother I used pg and turfco at .25 and the results I get with weed control is incredible. Trust me. Your customers will be happy and so will you being able to spray an acre and a half and then some imagine not having to fill fill fill.

4. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Marine, how tall is the grass you are treating? 3 inch, 4 inch, 5 inch? I ask this because I don't get that great a control when I need to broadcast the lawn with weed control unless it is at a lower height which is not that often. I want my lawns cut no shorter than 4 inches. In summertime, no shorter than 4 1/2 if possible. I mostly use a backpack sprayer and just spot spray while I'm out doing my applications. I only broadcast weed control on new infested lawns or if I am applying a fungicide. I am using the ground logic machine.

This year I switched and started applying at the half a gallon per thousand square feet instead of the quarter gallon per square feet and got better results. When I apply a fungicide I go over the lawn twice to get a gallon Per thousand square feet down.

5. Marine03112

Gas I treat 600 lawns a round. Customers cut the grass in PA. I use a T3100 and get great results at a quart per thousand.

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

7. Marine03112

Gas most customers I have cutting the lawn at 3 inches. Some cut shorter but that’s there prerogative. The ones that listen to me have a nice lawn. The ones that recycle there grass that is. As I said in the past .25 per thousand works great for me.

8. Marine03112

Hawk do you use a rack to carry your toro. Also to say again you had no major mechanical issues in two years?

9. hawk1004

hawk1004 LawnSite Member

Marine I use a trailer. I have been thing of going to a rack. It would be a lot easier. Mechanically there have been no major issues,in fact the only problem at all I can think of is the pin that holds the spinner plate to the shaft came out. More than likely wasnt installed properly. Theres another company not to far from me that bought 1 last year and 3 more this year.

hort101 likes this.
  10. Marine03112

Well I am sold. I have close to 90 thousand miles using a B and B rack. No problems hauling a triumph or t3100. You will save so so much time using a rack probably do 3 to 5 more lawns with having a rack on. The rack will pay for itself in no time. Thank you so much for your input.

hort101 likes this.