Anyone have experience with the toro spreader sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marine03112, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you cut your speed to 3 miles an hour fungicide treatments at half gallon per thousand does very well. Spraying pre emergent has worked very well for folks in this site. I am going to do it this season coming up. Folks who got a fall or winterizer will not be fertilized till round 2. I am going to spray prodimine 4l out of my T3100 or my new ZMAX. I am going to steer my buddy towards the toro. Once again thank you.

2. hawk1004

hawk1004 LawnSite Member

B and B is the one I was looking at. Probably get one in the spring.
    Anytime.

3. Marine03112

I do use the max rate per thousand at 1.5oz per thousand. After round 2 I cut it down to 1.2 oz per thousand for the rest of the year.

4. Marine03112

Don’t know where you live hawk but you can get a decent deal on the B and B rack at site one.

5. Rons lawn care

Rons lawn care LawnSite Member

I have been running one for 2 years. very dependable and built very well and easy to operate.It is best used on lawns that are larger than 20,000 sq.feet. With variable speed it is hard to calibrate.When in large wide open lawns you can go 5-7 mph.it tighter lawns it is a bit clumsy and you must go must slower and end up over applying product.It does not leave a tight clean edge around sidewalks and streets . It holds pretty well on hills but the standing platform is to narrow and hard to bale off of when sliding down a hill .I think the price you were quoted seems fair,I think I paid more that for a new machine. I am more used to using a Permagreen spreader sprayer.I know that it had a reverse but seldom had to use it while spraying.If I had to choose between buying another toro or going back to a permagreen I would probably do the permagreen.I have to many 8,000 -10,000 square foot lawns to get the results I want.I use my permageen on these lawns.I had a problem getting the pressure set right.I wanted to spray at 20 psi but the nozzles would not open up until I got to 40 psi causing me to over apply.When my dealer called tech support there answer was to spray at 40 psi.even when there calibration instructions called for spraying at 20 psi.When pressed for more help they gave me the number of someone else that owned one.

hort101 likes this.
  6. Marine03112

Need different tips or a different regulator.

7. Rons lawn care

I changed the no drip rubber washers in the nozzle assembly with one I had from a different machine and that fixed the problem. Absolutely no help from Toro.

8. Marine03112

I wish I knew. Exmark are the folks to talk too. They would have given you the info on the machine and the tips need. There is this guy on you tube that was there main tester. Kens lawn service. You can google him and he would also help you out. Talking to exmark is the way to go.

9. Marine03112

Ya just search for exmark spreader sprayer on you tube and he has a 30 minute video on the exmark.

10. Rons lawn care

I don't think I should have to go to youtube for tech support for a new machine sold by toro.