Anyone have experience with the toro spreader sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marine03112, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya I hear ya. But exmark is the true developers of that machine. Toro just jumped on board to get a piece of the pie so to speak. If you need teal tech support on that machine exmark is the real experts. FYI.

2. Marine03112

3. Marine03112

At 11.27 is where you want to watch.

4. Rons lawn care

Rons lawn care LawnSite Member

I think that exmark owns Toro. I am anxious to hear more reviews about this rig.It really needed very little tech support as it is a tank and never failed me.I just think it is built for bigger lawns,athletic fields,parks etc.

5. Marine03112

I have a similar machine in the turfco t3100. Use it on Lawns fro 1000 to 4 acres. Once you get used to using that machine on little Lawns you really won’t want to use the pg. thanks for your review. A well built machine that is rackable is what I really need. Thank you.

6. Marine03112

Btw did I ever say I hate auto correct. Ugh.

hort101 likes this.
  7. Rons lawn care

Being rackable is great.I had to beef up the receiver hitch as it started to bend the frame on my truck.
    I think it is heavier than the rating on my carrier.how did you deal with calibration going from wide open areas to 1000 sq foot areas. that is where I was having over spray issues and using way to much product.

8. Marine03112

I don’t know how to really answer that. On smaller Lawns I make less passes. Also on the exmark/toro there is a string where you can have two different gate settings to release less product. You can also dial down the psi with your regulator on really small Lawns. Watch the exmark videos on you tube they explain calibration etc really well. I think also they can control the speed of the paddle so that helps with how you throw fert. You don’t have to be perfect just have to have the Lawns green and weed free and your good to go.

9. Marine03112

In the Long run hydro machines are so much better on you than machines like the pg. I used to come home so beat up from the pg. now my t3100 is so much easier on me.

grenskpr likes this.
  10. Rons lawn care

in the end it all comes down to personal preference.

Marine03112 likes this.