Anyone have propertys in the containment zone

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
People must be more paranoid in your area. Some stuff getting low here but it's generally fine :dizzy:
Unfortunately, I'm not further away from him. While I don't go into grocery stores unless my wife has a gun to my head, no one I know is panicking.

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
They’re freaking out in MO now. My classes are having us do a “test run” of online classes tomorrow. Apparently, they are considering cancelling live classes and having us attend class from home via laptop. Dean also sent out an email requesting info from people who have attended a conference anywhere in the US within the past 2 weeks.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
This is the thing too.

This morning the local news stated "5 New cases of Corona virus in St Charles"..... 5 new cases.....this morning.....10 hours later they're reporting "5 cases in St Charles tested negative for C Virus"

Ok...so they reported it as new cases not potential cases etc.

Not to mention my wife....she's a seamstress.....5 people canceled because they had the flu. They were worried and got tested for C virus but it came back as the flu....wonder how many of these "New cases" are being reported accurately.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
This is the thing too.

This morning the local news stated "5 New cases of Corona virus in St Charles"..... 5 new cases.....this morning.....10 hours later they're reporting "5 cases in St Charles tested negative for C Virus"

Not to mention my wife....she's a seamstress.....5 people canceled because they had the flu. They were worried and got tested for C virus but it came back as the flu....wonder how many of these "New cases" are being reported accurately.
New media motto "Gotta be first, not accurate"

BigJlittleC

LawnSite Fanatic
This is the thing too.

Guess I'll be avoiding Trailhead Brewery now.

EricC

LawnSite Senior Member
This is the thing too.

When H1N1 they reported a lot of numbers. When the dust settled and freedom of information act hearings were needed, the real data was poured over and actual testing numbers ranged from like 2% to 40% of suspected tests being an actual case of any sort of influenza at all, let alone be H1N1.
Many states would not release the data, I think CBS was who actually filed for their release like they should have been.

but declaring pandemics etc, frees up money, can label more freely based on symptoms and I’m some cases forgo testing completely and nobody knows the real numbers until they go looking later.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
Guess I'll be avoiding Trailhead Brewery now.
Kirkwood retired and sold it to Schlafly recently...it will reopen as Schlafly Bankside, or just Bankside, can't remember exactly. Should be open as that by now.

BigJlittleC

LawnSite Fanatic
Kirkwood retired and sold it to Schlafly recently...it will reopen as Schlafly Bankside, or just Bankside, can't remember exactly. Should be open as that by now.
Used to do that whole bar crawl every night for awhile back in my young drinking days. My old stomping grounds. Always ended the night at the waffle house infront of fastlane.