Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
I can foresee them cutting way back on support for the desktop version and that will probably make you guys rather be on the cloud. They definitely should give you guys some type of credit towards the cloud version.
I don't want to be on the cloud. Their support has been top notch. None of this next day crap that ray had to deal with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Well... I still don't know what I'm going to do. If you look at it as 'cost to end user' It's not that high... Maybe in my case with a relatively small customer base, about $ .75 per treatment. If I went to the cloud maybe closer to $1.50..

Is that too much for the benefits of this software? I'm not sure... maybe not. but I do know that I get awful mad at the bills I'm paying for ZERO service. (for me, that's about 8 months out of the year with RG)

And you know.. I honestly don't think I'd have a leg to stand on if the software would have been free.... at least then Everyone in the agreement would understand that I'm paying for service... instead I was sold on buying software with ongoing 'support' fees.. Which I might add, I wasn't clear on when I purchased.

I was told by my sales weasel that after the year of free support, I could cancel. That much was true. What he forgot to mention was that the software would be utterly useless if I did so.

Anyhow. Just waiting for the next dude that wants to fleece our industry. If I was smart, I'd hire a team of developers and go at it... alas, I think the industry has a limited future... and it won't be my problem much longer.

Ray, just type lawn care software into google, there is tons of other options. RG is just a monopolizing company just like Tru Green. They went around buying up smaller software companies and incorporated the smaller companies ideas to create their own software.

I refuse to use their crap. Because once the reel you in.. They keep nailing you with fees for every thing! You know why? because they can!! I am currently using a older version of a software, that RG tailored theirs around. Because they bought them out, I have no support. I am not tech savvy at all, but have managed for a few years on my own (knock on wood), but I will be keeping a look out soon enough.

My program uses map point for routing. It works great and can be purchased for $199.00 off eBay. This would be great to use for a company your size :)

Please keep us updated as to the yays and nays you find on your searches.. Good luck :)

Hey guys, noticed someone was thinking of giving Jobber a try, and maybe we can help some of you guys out.
Free 30 day trial, no obligation and you can use all the add-ons for free during the trial.
Customer support is always free, if you want to call in you can talk with one of us right away. We do lots of 1on1 screen shares to help get people up and running as well and if you have any questions I can answer them here.

We have a chemical tracking add-on, you can get a quick overview of what it does and you can see if it might work for you here: https://learn.getjobber.com/hc/en-us/articles/200648725-Chemical-Tracking

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.