Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys think of it?

I just picked one up and haven't run any gas thru it yet but I'm replacing my Redmax EBZ 8500 with it and have high hopes but the thing is so big you can almost ride on it. The tubes are huge. Its been like 10 below zero here so I will wait until it warms a little but spring is near.

Gesture Font Personal protective equipment Space Advertising

·
Registered
24,600 Posts
A few guys have posted on them on here now. Some say the difference in power between it and the 8010 is negligible, while one guy said it wasn't huge, but he could see a difference. Either way, it is a stout blower and well ahead of your old 8500 in power. I have an 8010 and BR800. The 8010 sits most of the time since the 800 is pretty good and much nicer to run. I am tempted to try the 9010 too, but think I'll wait for the new RM or maybe a new Stihl that is sure to follow before long to compete with the big Echo's. Got any snow down in your area? Give it a workout in that. I have ran my 800 and 8010 in the snow all winter this year and last, and to clean up my tractor after blowing or plowing all this snow we have been getting.

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
A few guys have posted on them on here now. Some say the difference in power between it and the 8010 is negligible, while one guy said it wasn't huge, but he could see a difference. Either way, it is a stout blower and well ahead of your old 8500 in power. I have an 8010 and BR800. The 8010 sits most of the time since the 800 is pretty good and much nicer to run. I am tempted to try the 9010 too, but think I'll wait for the new RM or maybe a new Stihl that is sure to follow before long to compete with the big Echo's. Got any snow down in your area? Give it a workout in that. I have ran my 800 and 8010 in the snow all winter this year and last, and to clean up my tractor after blowing or plowing all this snow we have been getting.
Would 2nd running the 9010 in any snow he has.

Yesterday's run in the snow was the deepest snow I have run it in and did a fine job. Needed to be patient and let it work in some deeper areas.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We do have snow but no new snowfall yet. I did fire it up yesterday afternoon and blew the garage out. This thing moves air I can see that from the first try. I know it takes a few tanks of gas thru it to get better. I cant imagine how much better it can get but glad I bought it. I have a new bracket for the trailer on the way from Equipment Defender. No Im not sponsored by anyone but they are very responsive. I like the holder for my application and it will be a slight deterrent to anyone who may want to put fingers where they dont belong.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger on an 8010 I demoed last year, but am glad I waited. I will be getting a 9010 this year to replace my comparably weak PB-580. Going to keep my Echo Shred-N-Vac, though. I prefer using it to blow grass clippings after mowing, and it works better than a backpack blower in ornate planting beds that have lots of flowers or dozens of tiny little shrubs. Backpack blowers offer a lot of power (the 8010 offers a LOT of power), but can make a bigger mess of things when directional control is required more than power. An Echo 8010, or 9010 could easily blow out all the mulch in a planting bed inadvertently--best to save these beasts for wide-open leaf cleanups, or parking lots.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a little door to open when it is cold?
No door on this Echo. It says not to use it under 15f. It also comes with what they call a "cold weather insert" that actually blocks the cooling effect from the operators back. I dont wear a t shirt when blowing snow so I wont be using that. I also own a Stihl BR 600 and dont use the door either but I guess it has function.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ran my new 9010 for the first time today. First thing noticed is that it runs much cleaner than the previous two 2st machines (Hus 570 & RM 8550) in terms of state of tune and jetting. And there is much more oomph to it, I like it a lot.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
If I get my WB mower sold, I'll likely grab one. I don't have much need for backpack on my small lawn routes, and my freebie old stihl br600 is adequate. I'll probably give it to my brother when I get the echo.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I was gonna buy one but wound up with a BR800X instead. The 9010 felt cumbersome for my body shape (5'11" and 150 lbs) and seemed to scatter debris in the dealer parking lot. The 800X had a much more direct air stream that won me over, plus it was way more comfortable to me than the 9010. What I did really like about the 9010 was how it sounded like a dirt bike, sounds awesome.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
i have 9010's br800's and redmax 8550's oh and 8010's. the Echos are the most powerful for sure and i think they feel good using them. 8550 and br800's fell about the same in power maybe a bit more from the 8550's but the Stihl is a better feel on back compared to the redmax

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering what you guys think of it?

I just picked one up and haven't run any gas thru it yet but I'm replacing my Redmax EBZ 8500 with it and have high hopes but the thing is so big you can almost ride on it. The tubes are huge. Its been like 10 below zero here so I will wait until it warms a little but spring is near.

View attachment 429806
Hello, I run a lawn service and have bought a couple of these, one has been great, the other has blown off four mufflers.....and when I say blown off I mean exactly that, the bolts that hold it onto the engine and the surrounding metal are still on the unit, the muffler is not. Twice in a matter of weeks......I have asked for it to be returned to Echo as a "lemon"

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
Hello, I run a lawn service and have bought a couple of these, one has been great, the other has blown off four mufflers.....and when I say blown off I mean exactly that, the bolts that hold it onto the engine and the surrounding metal are still on the unit, the muffler is not. Twice in a matter of weeks......I have asked for it to be returned to Echo as a "lemon"
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
No door on this Echo. It says not to use it under 15f. It also comes with what they call a "cold weather insert" that actually blocks the cooling effect from the operators back. I dont wear a t shirt when blowing snow so I wont be using that. I also own a Stihl BR 600 and dont use the door either but I guess it has function.
Wait, I have a BR 600. What is this little door you talking about?

·
Registered
24,600 Posts
Wait, I have a BR 600. What is this little door you talking about?
Take your air filter out and it is in the back of the air box. You slide it one way for low temps and the other way for warm. There is a symbol that shows you which way to put it for either summer or winter. I do use my 800 all winter long and I do use the little sliding door. It helps it warm up much faster since the air going into the carb is coming in off the engine block and is warm. Without it, I suppose you could get icing in the carb. Doubt it would happen, but it is possible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts