Anyone Here Ever Use Dozr or Yardclub to Rent or Loan Heavy Equipment?

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by Taylor@HindSite, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Taylor@HindSite

Taylor@HindSite Sponsor

Hey guys,

I wanted to get an idea of whether or not anyone has used a rental service like Dozr or Yardclub. For most green industry guys, I would imagine that you can get by without ever having to own a mid-sized backhoe or larger machines.

Realistically, I would imagine that landscapers that tackle fairly large jobs would be the only ones on this forum in need of a service like this.

But just out of curiosity, has anyone here rented their equipment using an online service? Anyone ever loaned out equipment that they weren't using?

One of the major benefits that both of these services claim is that you can make money by renting out your equipment that isn't in use i.e. a snow removal tractor to a landscaper for the summer months. And likewise, people who don't want to buy can get high quality, expensive equipment to use for a shorter period of time on an "as needed" basis.

Any concerns that you'd consider right off the bat? I know a few contractors have stated on Facebook and elsewhere that they would never let someone they didn't know use their equipment, no matter how much they get paid.

Thanks!

2. Arborvitae Andrew

Arborvitae Andrew LawnSite Member

Hey Taylor, I'm new to the site and this is an old thread but I gave dozr a shot and am happy to discuss if you're still interested.

3. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

No, I would maybe borrow a shovel to a friend. I would never borrow my bobcat or a diamond saw to anyone! Learned the hard way on this one.

4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Not renting or loaning anything to anyone. Well maybe family but even then I would rather just do it and be happy I got it back, not broken, and helped out the fam.

5. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

This sort of thing sounds like a great thing until you ask the guys who own the equipment if they would consider loaning it out He’ll no! There’s rental yards for a reason. I’m pretty sure most of them have terms set up with the equipment distributors to finance everything that is favorable enough. Plus full time mechanics to maintain the equipment that gets beat to hell. It just doesn’t make sense for a contractor to loan out his equipment, you’d need to have a full time setup to be an equipment rental