Anyone in PA use the Merchandiser?

Moose's Mowing

LawnSite Senior Member
Is there anyone in the Berks County PA. area that's used the Merchandiser for advertising? I'm considering placing an ad if I think it's worthwhile. It's fairly cheap. I ordered 2000 fliers and passed out maybe 500-600 of them over the past 2 weeks. I've gotten 1 call from them. I've only landed 1 job and that was from a referral from a guy that does apps. and not mowing. We worked out a deal to where we'll refer each other work since we're not competing. This is perfect since we can help each grow while offering expanded services. I'm solo and I jumped in to this after a lot of thought and research. I'm doing this part time but I need about 15 weekly accounts to make a profit this season. I know it's still early but with this weather I'm planning to be mowing in another 2 weeks or so. I really need to get some customers. Any advice? I'm legit by the way, licensed with the state, set up to pay sales tax and insured. I'm starting to feel a little discouraged. I read on here about guys not being able to keep up with the demand for work. I'm also thinking of getting some shirts made up with my company logo to wear everywhere I go. Anything to get my name out there.

fastlane

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm from Berks. I did not look this year but other years the Merchandiser had close to 75 ads. I think ads starting with an A are listed before ones starting with a B.

OP
M

Moose's Mowing

LawnSite Senior Member
that's what I was worried about. I looked at their online only ads and there were plenty of them. I didn't realize they were listed alphabetically. Where are you located btw? I'm always looking to network with other LCO's

living Green Property

LawnSite Member
yeah i tried it for 3 years i got some calls but did not seal the deal with any of them. they were all the im looking for a bargan type people. aka werent going to pay top dollar. to be honest the mowing thing is beat around here.