Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are rather new to this buisness and are trying to make our break for next season. We have been buying up the tools of the trade and have a pretty good start(we think) for next season. I was wondering when everyone starts lining up accounts for next year and what is the best method to advertise?

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
start lining up new accounts right away, do anything to get the new accounts.

I personally have always found that referrals from current customers is the best way to get new customers. Offer the current customers a discount as well for the referral

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mowing in Southern Wisconsin? This has been the worst year we've ever had for mowing. We need rain so bad it is sickening. Local water table is down 5 feet. Havent mowed in weeks for some of the accounts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I hear that. The weather has been bad for mowing. Lucky for me the wife does all the mowing so I can still work my full time job until the buisness breaks for us.

Hopefully next season!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Sorry to hear that guys as this has been the best year in 8. I have skipped only one customer back in July. We had lots of rain in August and only now is the growth slowing.

I was amazed at how dry it was when we vacationed down in Beaver Dam and the Dells. The grass was completely dormant. Hope leaf season is better.

·
Registered
219 Posts
MOW ED

I live in Beaver Dam. What is there to do in this town for vacation? I've lived here for a year and can't wait to move back to the Madison area once I can afford it.

Actually getting back to the original question, I went to my printer today to view the proofs for my mass mailing.Is it to early yet to send them out ? I'm not starting buisness till '04.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.