Anyone Installed Barn Plank or Timberstone Pavers Yet?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JimLewis, Mar 7, 2015.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I was excited about the barn plank pavers when they were introduced a few years ago. I have not done a job with them but I also haven't pushed them. I heard they chip kind of easy and the aggregate was white so any damage really stood out. Have you run into this problem with these pavers yet? My information from people who have used them has been limited

2. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

l installed 1500ft of the barn plank, faded to a neutral color over the winter. Manufacturer stained and sealed the product and offered a lifetime retain and reseal warranty, can't argue with that for stepping up when problems occur.

3. Captain Armortec

Captain Armortec LawnSite Member

You are kidding yourself if you think 4x8 pavers are extinct. There's just so many more choices out there for the consumer than 12 years ago. They make great interlocking patterns and are especially effective for historic renovations or stone masonry/very old homes. As for the commercial market they are specced all the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Question:

Was this "lifetime retain and reseal warranty" put in writing and signed by appropriate individuals?

5. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

All parties were happy with resolution to issue, signatures were exchanged. I was not involved in these negotiations.

image.jpg

6. OP
    OP
    JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Um....Helloooooo! Kind of a fire hazard to put a fire pit right inside a big wooden deck, isn't it??? :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Think McFly! ;)

:p

7. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Umm Jim, have you really been following this thread? Concrete product.

8. OP
    OP
    JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I started this thread, silly. I was just messing with you. Hence the tongue sticking out in my last post.... :laugh:

9. DVS Hardscaper

lol!

10. DVS Hardscaper

lol!