1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know where I can attend classes to learn irrigation

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Eileenc, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Eileenc

Eileenc LawnSite Member

Hi - I live in the NY area and am interested in learning the irrigation profession. Any ideas where I can attend class? Thanks Eileen

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

not sure where to take classes where you are but in suffolk county ny the vocational school has adult classes at night. you can also find info here http://irrigationtutorials.com/

3. Eileenc

Eileenc LawnSite Member

Hi Greenmonster - Thanks for reply. What is the name of that vocational school in Suffolk - Im interested... Thanks.

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I think Boces had some last season. I am pretty sure they had like 3 different levels of classes too. I never received the course book this season so I don't know if they still have them.

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

i got their book last week and it has irrigation classes in the fall

6. dago52

dago52 LawnSite Senior Member

You may want to check with your local irrigation companies in your area. My local company puts on a couple classes a year for their customers. In Louisiana, you must now have a licsense to install an irrigation system.

7. Eileenc

Eileenc LawnSite Member

Which Boces in Suffolk - I called Boces in Nassau and they sd they didnt have any irrigation classes. Do u know the location in Suffolk? Thanks so much for the info - really appreciate it. If u wouldn't mind can u fax me the information at 516-829-5527 to my attention (Eileen) on the irrigation classes u saw in the book.

8. Captain K

Captain K LawnSite Member

eileen curley, I'll tell u where I learn mine and how its free but just how bad u want to learn....As for me I just offer my free labor for a will teach knowledge from any contractor that u know or saw them doing a job..(really)Just ask who ever is in charge that u want to help for free and beleive me they will teach u its hand on....U got to find time to just work with them..That's how I learn mine and in a long run that free labor is your gain....