• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Anyone making serious use of any of the bigger CRMs?

OP
BrendonTW

BrendonTW

LawnSite Bronze Member
I agree and disagree- Real green definately is behind the ball on Digital, we used them for adwords this year and they said it would all integrate- it didn't. They need to make their forms automatically input the customers info into RG, switch it to what ever status you'd like, and start the email drip as soon as you get a measurement. Is that what you kind of mean? or more of a "command center" integrated into RG that shows all your %'s for campaigns?

We still do a lot of mail marketing, best bang for our buck here. I find RG to do that very well, the "source" seems to be adequate enough for that.
I don’t follow you. Whose forms need to automatically go into it? In general I agree, but not sure exactly what you’re referring to.

It does have the “source” field in RGS. But that’s not nearly detailed enough to know what marketing is working well. If there was a way to track all 5 UTM parameters and slice and dice using that data, that would be better
Speaking of automation, have you checked out Lawnbot? Doesn't have anything to do with adwords but would definately automate things, and it integrates w/ RG 100%
I am a paying Lawnbot customer. It is in fact a gateway into RG integration. Problem is it’s not customizable and isn’t robust yet. Good concept, but not customizable enough for us yet.
You can supply a conversion value to specific conversions via Google Analytics goals.

View attachment 412198

Is this different than what you're looking for?
Yes, because it’s not automated and can’t apply a value on a conversion-specific basis. Ideally the CRM would send data into GA/AdWords automatically. This is what the big players do.

I have been told this morning that it is extremely likely that RGS will integrate with Hubspot in the next 12 months.

andersman02

LawnSite Senior Member
I don’t follow you. Whose forms need to automatically go into it? In general I agree, but not sure exactly what you’re referring to.

It does have the “source” field in RGS. But that’s not nearly detailed enough to know what marketing is working well. If there was a way to track all 5 UTM parameters and slice and dice using that data, that would be better

I am a paying Lawnbot customer. It is in fact a gateway into RG integration. Problem is it’s not customizable and isn’t robust yet. Good concept, but not customizable enough for us yet.

Yes, because it’s not automated and can’t apply a value on a conversion-specific basis. Ideally the CRM would send data into GA/AdWords automatically. This is what the big players do.

I have been told this morning that it is extremely likely that RGS will integrate with Hubspot in the next 12 months.
Ah I see what you mean by AdWords integration, a little out of my league as I'm definitely not a AdWords guru.

What I mean by RGS AdWords is when a customer asks for a esto from your AdWords it does not automatically input that customers info into real green and create and account/call log for them.

You would think a software as big as RG would have forms (for your website or AdWords) that integrate with service assistant. I know service autopilot does..

How do you like lawnbot aside from being relatively non robust?

I know service autopilot does..
The crappy part about SA forms is that they seem to be almost impossible to track with Google Analytics. Since they're iframed in, you can't track the JavaScript click, so you have to use a redirect a tracked "Thank You" page and then track the traffic to that page as a conversion.

The problem we have here is that the form redirects in preview mode, but not when it's live on the site. It just refreshes the current page.

Trying to get SA forms to recognize you want to send the user to a page is a pain since they re-did them at the beginning of this year.

Green Mentorship

LawnSite Senior Member
Alternative opinion: online marketing is a bottomless financial pit and not worth doing. Then, if you do, you've got to invest in more items to track it all? Nope, I don't need a computer science degree to get my staff leads and for them to close.

OP
BrendonTW

BrendonTW

LawnSite Bronze Member
Alternative opinion: online marketing is a bottomless financial pit and not worth doing. Then, if you do, you've got to invest in more items to track it all? Nope, I don't need a computer science degree to get my staff leads and for them to close.
Using a mix of digital and print. But the tools we use to track digital results also track print results. We know exactly which mailer/door hanger/truck/magazine ad gets the most conversions. Not only that, but we know what method drove the conversion. Whether a url printed on the piece, a phone number, a QR code.

If you’re not using digital, that doesn’t bother me. But you don’t know what percentage of your potential customers you are missing out on, you don’t know how low your cost per lead or cost per sale could be, and if you’re not using tools to track your offline marketing, you also don’t know how to refine your message and technique to make your dollars go further. I thought your username used to be “efficiency” lol!

tonygreek

LawnSite Platinum Member
The crappy part about SA forms is that they seem to be almost impossible to track with Google Analytics. Since they're iframed in, you can't track the JavaScript click, so you have to use a redirect a tracked "Thank You" page and then track the traffic to that page as a conversion.

The problem we have here is that the form redirects in preview mode, but not when it's live on the site. It just refreshes the current page.

Trying to get SA forms to recognize you want to send the user to a page is a pain since they re-did them at the beginning of this year.
I don't recall if you guys do any technical web dev work, but there's no problem at all with Analytics tracking SA submissions.

tonygreek

LawnSite Platinum Member
A few attempts and we didn't find it to be ready for primetime, especially as it relates to the ROI.

I don't recall if you guys do any technical web dev work, but there's no problem at all with Analytics tracking SA submissions.
We do with WordPress. We have a client that uses SA and it works fine, tracking-wise. We have another we have constant pains getting to track.

And we're not just working on it ourselves, we've got SA involved multiple times.

We didn't have this problem before their form update.

tonygreek

LawnSite Platinum Member
And we're not just working on it ourselves, we've got SA involved multiple times.
Well, that's your first mistake. ;) I stopped working with them on dev issues a few years ago and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

My motto for SA became "Working around their product limitations is easier than working with their product limitations.".