1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone mow right of ways.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kootoomootoo, Feb 7, 2008.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

What do you want to know??

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yup..............

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

We do a bunch. We most always use WB's and carry a pull out strap. My trucks are 4wd and have had to snag the mowers out of a wet ditch a time or two

5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

what does it pay I'll mow it

6. kootoomootoo

Need to know what "right of way" mowing consists of.
    Painting a broad brush......does it include using a tractor or is it more ztr type stuff. Maybe some of you guys have done it (typically biid work) and have regretted it later..

Pays about $400,000 Drew. If i get it will call you.

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Depends on what the access area is used for as to the type and quality of the maintaince required. I have a customer who leased land for a cell tower. He is required to cut the brush, tree limbs and any growth along the road that would interfer with the trucks that go up the mountain. There is a High Power transmission line that runs through town that is about 100' wide that gets cut every few years with Kubota 4X4 tractors and brush hogs. Each tractor carries a hand held brush cutter for the spots they can't go with the tractors. There is no road, its just a cleared swath of land up and down the mountains.

You better take a very good look at the area before you bid it.

8. kootoomootoo

Oh i will...the nuts and bolts are fine...its the issues that dont jump out at you initially on paper that a few vets may have come across after they got the job.