1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone on here use Maruyama

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I was at a landscape expo and checked these out. They had some cutaway pieces and these machines looked very well made. I told the rep I have heard of these but had never seen any dealers. He told me they were the best kept seceret out there and they were trying to change that. I was wondering if anybody uses these and had any input?

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

We don't use hedge trimmers much but our local dealer swears by them I have also talked to others in the biz that love them. I think they make line trimmers hedgers and blowers.

I do my best to stick with the illusion that I am buying American. We use Stihl Blowers and have not bought a hedger or line trimmer in a couple of years.

3. fred333

fred333 LawnSite Member

I have not used these either. I will have to look into them a little more.

4. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

The golf courses I worked on in Florida used a lot of Maruyama. The stuff was used and abused and worked without too much maintenance. I liked them.

5. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I have a backpack sprayer and a spreader of theirs. I also have a combi. unit that has a trimmer, water pump, and chainsaw attachment that I dont use very often but has one of the best engines that I have used on it.

They have some nice equipment, just depends on how you like the feel.

6. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Greenline catalog out of Georgia sells Muryamas. I liked their equipment, but not having a local dealer sucks, so I went to Stihl.

7. adrianrog

adrianrog LawnSite Member

Not since high school....oh wait, you weren't talking about that. Nevermind.

8. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

A guy I know has a Maruyama backpack blower and he swears by it. I know he has had it for atleast 4-5 years. It puts out some air, and it seems to be good quality.

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

MY Everride dealer carries it. He is all about it but I am just a Stihl man.

10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

My problem is the dealer network also. I beleive I will go on their website and see where the nearest dealer is. I have been replacing my redmaxs with stihl 90s , but after looking at the maruyamas the seem to be better built than most I have seen.