1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone only use 21" mowers for their business?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by erhager, Jan 14, 2008.

1. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

I have only a handful of lawns and I use only a 21". How many of you do the same and what do you charge them?

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Not too many use only 21" mowers ... you must have only small postage stamp size properties !!

3. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I started with a Push Mower 21" murrey and 22 craftsman and let me tell you I was glad when I bought my lazer z and w/b. It made a world of differance. I went from doing 5 yards a day to 15 basically trippled my production. You have to start some where.:weightlifter:

4. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

I think he means he has to use them in some yards.

I keep one on the trailer all of the time, never know when you might need it, and I have from time to time. I charge by the pain in the butt factor for fenced yards.

5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

If i had more postage size lawns then i would add a crew to do these lawn w/21" mowers just think of the lower cost in fuel it's self.

6. lil_cote_93

lil_cote_93 LawnSite Member
    from ON

right now all i use is a 21 really
    im lookin for a 32 but...
    i charge anywehre from 20 to 40 bones
    how bout u guys wit 21s

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

My 21" is for those small gate areas because I dont have a 32"....I only do one yard with a 21" and its tiny. I charge $35 to mulch it .... takes about 1/2 hr on average.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I use 21 inchers because I have alot of small yards I might be getting a 36" if I can get a few bigger lawns

9. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, except I am looking at a 32inch. Many advantages, no trailer needed, very low fuel costs and maintenance costs. Do a search on this, this topic is brought up from time to time.

10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

21" and a 32" work well for me.