• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Anyone own the BR600 Magnum??

New2TheGreenIndustry

LawnSite Senior Member
I am looking for some input on the BR600 Magnum blower. I have only used Redmax 8001 & 8050 blowers for the last few years and heard bad things about Stihl blowers. I would just buy another redmax, but I can finance some stihl equipment with the purchase of a new mower. Thanks

LawnmastersMikejr

LawnSite Member
I have a regular BR600 blower and absolutely love it. I'm not sure what the difference is between it and the Magnum. I'm not biased toward Stihl equipment at all, I actually hate their trimmers, but have nothing but good things to say about the BR600.

SchnabelLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a regular BR600 blower and absolutely love it. I'm not sure what the difference is between it and the Magnum. I'm not biased toward Stihl equipment at all, I actually hate their trimmers, but have nothing but good things to say about the BR600.
I believe the Magnum has a bit more power, a little lighter, and much better fuel economy.

OP
N

New2TheGreenIndustry

LawnSite Senior Member
I believe the Magnum has a bit more power, a little lighter, and much better fuel economy.
Stihl sent me an advertisement saying the same thing. More power than the Redmax 8001 and about 19% on fuel economy. Not sure how well they hold up though...I have talked to other owners of large companies who have had problems with Stihl blowers in general...have since gone to Redmax.

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
i'm a huge stihl fan but if you know redmax i'd stick with it.

thats what i do. you won't find me changing from the brands i use because i'm most familiar with them. i know the what to expect from stihl and i know they are quality.

stick with what you know is the best advice i can give you. if it aint broke don't fix it, like wise if you aren't unhappy with your choice of equipment don't change to a different company.

scagrider22

LawnSite Bronze Member
I bought 2 new Redmax 8050 blowers in the fall after using nothing but Stihl for the last 14 years, I own about 10 BR600's and Ive had trouble with everyone of them. The old BR420 magnum's ran great for many seasons with no trouble but they dont have much power. I would highly recomend you keep your Redmax blowers.

ACA L&L

LawnSite Bronze Member
we just picked one up after one of the guys ran over the 320. we have a few of the old 600's, those were nice. The new one has a narrower tip that seems to increase the power quite a bit. The price tag of 501 out the door was a lil hard to swallow, but it works great.