• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Anyone park on the sidewalk to get off a major road?

GrassManKzoo

LawnSite Fanatic
I don't understand how you get back out, but why not just park on the shoulder and pull off into the grass a little? Nothing wrong with that.
Just drive out:confused:? I do have a truck and not a Prius.
My trailer is just as wide as the shoulder and if you understood this stretch of highway you’d know why I don’t want to die. Kia at 40mph trashing a trailer and equipment? How about 80,000lbs at 70mph:eek:? Paper work states I should park at next exit 3/4 mile away and walk the shoulder to the mow site:nono:

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
On a road with a center turn lane I very briefly parked in the middle lane. Highway patrol stopped and gave me the what for. He made me park in a subdivision 1500 ft down the road and run my lawnmower down the street.
Parking can be a crapshoot. Now I always charge a premium for crappy parking situation.
Just don't take those on. Not worth the risk or hassle.

OP
R

Ready to Mow

LawnSite Gold Member
Just don't take those on. Not worth the risk or hassle.
Just drive out:confused:? I do have a truck and not a Prius.
My trailer is just as wide as the shoulder and if you understood this stretch of highway you’d know why I don’t want to die. Kia at 40mph trashing a trailer and equipment? How about 80,000lbs at 70mph:eek:? Paper work states I should park at next exit 3/4 mile away and walk the shoulder to the mow site:nono:
You couldn't do that with my trailer.

bluetruck

LawnSite Senior Member
On a road with a center turn lane I very briefly parked in the middle lane. Highway patrol stopped and gave me the what for. He made me park in a subdivision 1500 ft down the road and run my lawnmower down the street.
Parking can be a crapshoot. Now I always charge a premium for crappy parking situation.
much safer /s, cops are just not with it most of the time lol. i personally turn down the poor parking jobs, there have been a few i will park in the customers driveway but i hate having to back into or out of the driveway on a busy road.

OP
R

Ready to Mow

LawnSite Gold Member
I just don't want to get a ticket is all. That would mean I mowed that lot for half the year for free most likely. I would think they would just say don't park here.