We have one on the Mini. I don't remember if we drilled an extra hole - but you have to shim up the quickchute with something so that it closes properly. I will take a look at ours and see - I think I used two or three washers on each stud. Works great.
Hey WLLD, any information would be appreciated. I want to make sure someone else got it working on Mini Z before I buy it.
1. Did you drill any holes?
2. How many washers per bolt did you use and thickness of each washer?
3. Did the Qwikchute handle interfer with the Hustler control handes? Can you close the Qwikchute while mowing or do you have to stop the mower and then close the Qwikchute?
DLS1 - Sorry for th e delay getting back to you on this
1. We had to drill one hole through the deck.
2. 4 washers under the frame for the QuickChute. 1/16" thick washers. 4 washers and 1 nut under the frame where I drilled through the deck. So 4 washers on each of the studs on the deck where the discharge chute comes off and 4 washers and a nut back where the handle to the chute meets the deck/framework.
3. The handle for the Quickchute does not interfere with the Hustler control handles. When you lock the handles (set the brakes) the handles rub together. You do not have to stop to open and close the chute.
I will order one tomorrow since I now have a few yards with flower gardens and grass is getting into them.
GTM Manufacturing who makes the product told me to talk with Daryl at H&M Mowers since they put have added the qwikchute on the Mini Z and they basically said what you confirmed. You need to pull in the handles to operate it and need to drill a hole.
Thanks for your help and I will try putting it on the deck per your instructions.