Anyone recognize...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scraper, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

HA

if you follow the link to the site designer, there is this copy of his testimony.

Hmm, kinda makes his response to Eric sound like a load of steaming cr@p.

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I am on a roll today. Just spoke with Amy. She told me that she was supplied with all the content when she was building the site. So it boils down to these facts:

Chris is a liar !!!

I use clip art and images on my sites as well, but only as a reference. For instance, I have a picture of a man pushing a spreader. I have no idea who he is or where the picture is from, but it was in the free images and clip art file. The photos of jobs ect, are mine however. Really, how stupid would you feel being asked to make my lawn look like that one and not being able too?

3. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I have the same thread as this going in the off topic forum!!I posted it last night! It just aint right man! Get your own pictures!
    PRO TURF was logged on this morning when I was on here but neglected to comment on these threads,why?

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

I'd say the guy made a mistake. He might have thought it was no big deal, he might have thought no one would find out, he might have thought this, he might have thought that.....
    We won't know until/if he chooses to respond here.
    I'm confident he will do the right thing and take down the pictures.

In the meantime, we could all sit here on our self righteous thrones and judge him and bash him, but the facts are these.
    He made a mistake, as we all have at times in our lives. Let's ease up and let him handle this.
    The important thing is he was contacted about this, and he said he would contact the person who built the site to get the pictures taken down.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

No offense, but I disagree Jodi. If it were a "mistake", then why did he come up with such an elaborate lie when he replied to Eric?

And really, how does one make that mistake in the first place?? Especially considering how many times it happens and the reaction is always gets on the forums. Surely, he must have read a thread about this in the past. And he went and did it anyway.

He gets no sympathy (or respect) from me.

6. SHOW ME STATE RIDER

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

There is not a place for the is pro turf guy around here. Use commen sense. You wouldn't want some body using your pictures of your yards. Just went to their site and it's different. Says it's under construction know. Maybe they got the point.

7. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

(same reply to the post in the off-topic forum)

All other stuff aside (Internet Ethics, taking pics, etc.) I think Eric 'is'/would be undaunted & supercilious.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

No offense taken at all.
    As in mistake, I mean using bad judgement. Everyone uses bad judgement sometime in their lives.

Mistake: a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention; "the fault was all mine"

9. TREEGODFATHER

TREEGODFATHER LawnSite Member

Go to the other thread, you'll see what I dug up with a little internet detecting.

10. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

what other thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.