Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run the mulch blades all the time with or without the baffles? Do this blades perform better or as well as the standard blades? Please share your experiences with the blades used alone and if there is any noticable difference.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I run doubles all year. High lifts and gators.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
I just run gators in spring and fall.

1. spring- gators
2. end of spring through beginning of fall- high lifts
3. fall- gators

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by noiseyvoyzey
How well does that work for you in the AM? i run gators and in the am i find myself double (sometimes triple) cutting to dispense the clippings.
No problems at all. What mower do you have?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
On my Toro Z588E, I run Atomics until I can get Gator Magnums, I mulch and side discharge with this blade type, smaller, shreaded clippings, still plenty of throw with lots of air velocity.

High lifts in thick grass may give less streaking than Atomics, but as an alrounder this style of blade is good for me.

I only run singles too, so far.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I run with mulchers probably 98% of the time. I have the full baffle kit that exmark offers. Mulching is better for the lawn and saves an amazing amount of time vs bagging. If clumps are left behind (usually during spring rainy season) i can either double mow or use my blower to break apart a few clumps left behind. The big difference i found i when shutting off the blades in wet weather. You tend to DUMP a huge load from under the deck. I tell my employees to shut em off in the grass so we can rake it up. Other than that i have no issues. I love having maybe half a truck load of grass (21" lawns) at the end of a full week of mowing.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
Originally posted by Meg-Mo
WE use the MEG MO blades. No clumping, no sticking to deck,no more clipping to catch, stay sharp 10 times longer, mow wet or dry all year.
I am still waiting for a demo. Come to michigan sometime soon and sell me on them:D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by noiseyvoyzey
52in toro hydro 20hp kohler. you run high lifts on bottom with gators on top?
Yup but I just put the high lifts on the top to see how it works. i could get away with only using a single blade set up in the summer but why bother if the doubles chop the grass up in smaller peices? I never bag but when i'm done you would have to walk bare foot to notice i didn't.

I don't have much of a problem with my blades getting dull fast either. I clean the lawns before cutting. It's only when there is a bad wind storm that kills me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.