1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone run tea thru irrigation system?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by wallzwallz, May 19, 2008.

1. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone run tea through an irrigation fert injector? What about ICT Bill, have your products been used thru 1 of these systems? This system is run off a well, so no chlorine issues. It isn't installed yet, just wondering if it has a usefull role in organics or not. Thanks for any responses.

2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I think You have a great Idea there

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Fertigation is a wonderful thing

Absolutely, these things will get down to 4000 to 1 ratios for very concentrated stuff, ours is more 250 or 300 to 1. The comment I hear back most is, "when I start to smell that nice earthy smell I know the fertigation system is working"

What if you could fertigate while you cut grass?? or something like that

4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

fertigate on, most tea will survive. and it does not mind some water.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I Want To Do This Year

6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I do the poor mans fertigation through my dial and spray miracle grow thingy, I fill it with compost tea hook one end to the hose bib and the other to the hose and either water or hook it to the drip hoses I have buried under my shrub/flower beds

Don't need it now as we have already gotten over 7 inches of rain this month, I am about to start building an arc