1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Running Husquarvana Walks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, May 12, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I have not seen any husky mowers but I am starting to see some of the Yazoo floating deck walks showing up!

3. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

No one has Run the New Husquarvana Walks?

I'm about to Pull the Trigger on a 42"/17hp Hydro Floater w/mulch kit & the fact that it's not an eXmark Makes Me Nervous.

Anyone Running Husquarvana Z's...same Deck as the Walk!

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Cool ain't they? Keep on looking and you'll see there new non pistol grip controls soon.

5. Envy Lawn Service

No W/B, but they are MFG'd by Yazoo/Kees. Same deck on there as my Y/K mini Z, well except mine is a 48" deck. But I MUST ask, WHY a 42" deck?

I have no earthly idea why the QL floater is not more widely used? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

6. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Bought the 42" Husky Hydro Floater w/Mulch Kit & Retrofitted Stripe Kit from the 42" ZTR ... Having the 17hp Swapped w/a 23hp Kaw. w/Donaldson! More HP to Deck Size than a Hustler SWB...This Bad Boy Will Eat Grass For Breakfast When She's Ready!

7. Envy Lawn Service

You ain't kidding! I run 25hp/48" on my ZTR and love it! I have one tip for you though, and it goes along with why I asked "why the 42".....

Make sure you have the shop check and tweak the engine RPM up to 3600 minimum. Due to the fact it is a 42" three blade deck, it has very short blades. So the blade tip speed is slow, and it's even slower on the 42" wb v/s the 42" ZTR for whatever moronic reason.

If it still seems shy on blade tip speed when you get it home, search around on here because I think some people have went as far as 3750-3800 RPMs. But I'm not certain if they were running Kawi's though. It might have just been Kohlers because best I recall, eXmark governs the Kohlers they install at 3750 RPM.

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I'll bite....... Where's the picture?????????

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Sweet! 42" seems like a great size to have.... the deck height lever is simply brilliant. Never looked close at the ETS controls. I thought 17hp was plenty for 42" :D You can kiss fuel eceonomy good bye with a 23hp LOL. The 17 will go all day on one tank of gas :)

10. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell us how you like the Husq next to the Exmarks you run. I'm curious, the quick adjust deck looks good to me.