1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone seen or used the new Billy Goat MV Vac?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ACEMowing, May 3, 2006.

1. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

I just noticed that Billy Goat shows a new MV model multi-purpose vac that looks great on their website:
    http://www.billygoat.com/site/intro.aspx?pid=48
    I like the self propelled and zipperless bag plus it looks and says that it is cleaner for the operator.
    We have a Snapper wheel Vac.. (also sold under the Giant Vac and Simplicity brands) non-self propelled model that does a pretty good job but I sure like the looks of the bag and everything on this new Billy Goat.
    Has anyone used one yet?

2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

The zippers break a lot but if yo ulearn to use them properly and slowly they are ok, We have 3 sold 1 and 2 are collecting dust in building.

3. the undergraduate

the undergraduate LawnSite Member

I guess I'll bump this thread as I have the same question as the original poster...

Looks like a good machine, but it being a new product I'd like some people's opinions before I sink $1500-1800 into one.

4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, what's the word?

5. the undergraduate

the undergraduate LawnSite Member

And it looks just like the DRĀ® Leaf and Lawn Vacuum...

6. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ill bump it to the top, how are they doing?

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I am interested to hear what people have to say, I am looking at getting the billy goat MV or DR vac

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

There was a used unit a DR which is a Billy Goat clone for sale here in my area last year. After doing much research on this site I decided against it. Do a search for both the Billy goat and the DR unit. The user reviews seemed to be a bit to iffy for me. This is one piece of equipment that I would need to demo or be able to return if it didn't work out. I think DR might have a return policy if your not happy with it.

There was one heated thread that went back and forth on the issue last year. Do a search and I think you will find it. I think if you have a hi vac bagger mower or let say a Quick 36 with the catcher I think it will do what you want it to do and not be just a vacum. I also spent the better part of $700 on a Areins 6 hp Kawi 21" mower to get a good vacum mower that bags densly and sucks up leaves vwery well. Technically not a commerical grade mower but not far from it.