Anyone use Jacto sprayers?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Silver Cymbal, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Silver Cymbal

Silver Cymbal LawnSite Member

I bought one of their battery units and the battery portion seems very good to me but I am surprised how cheaply made it feels. Feels like plastics used in the 70s, brittle and the backpack straps are not comfortable at all. This thing was $400+ so I am expecting a lot. No oring on the cap and it threads kind of like garbage and didn't seal twice leaking product until I felt like I had to overtigthen it, Maybe it's better than my first reaction, curious to know what others think.

2. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Hmm! I was really contemplating one of those! Really want the agitation...

3. Silver Cymbal

Silver Cymbal LawnSite Member

After now using it a few more times I am happy and disappointed. The battery part is really good, never had a battery one before Really makes life a little easier and the continuous pressure is great. The bad is the quality of the plastics an ergonomics is not that great at all. The cap is total garbage the way it fits and no ring seems ridiculous.

4. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

send it back. there are other battery powered back packs

5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

Love mine. Not sure why you paid over $400. Got them all over the net and at dealers for $350.

I went from a Chapin to the jatco. The build quality on the jatco is way better then the Chapin.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I like my Li Ion Jacto. Very light, battery lasts a long time. To me, the wand is the weak point, too many joints on it, they come loose and leak. Get a new wand...fixed.

7. Reliable 1

Reliable 1 LawnSite Member

I've bought 2 of them...and are very happy with them. I paid $325 for mine.

8. buttaluv

from MidWest

Who did you order yours from Reliable 1? I think I'll go ahead and try one out...

9. Reliable 1

Reliable 1 LawnSite Member

I bought both of them from a local Turf & Garden business here in Virginia.

10. buttaluv

from MidWest

Well... dang! I'll look online..