Anyone Use Local Business Networking Groups?

JMiller08

LawnSite Senior Member
Had a lady email me today reffering me to a local business networking group. They only let 1 company of each trade and there is currently no lawncare/landscaping group. There is a fee of 25 dollars but im not worried about the cost. Anyone else do anything like this?

DuWayne

LawnSite Member
Had a lady email me today reffering me to a local business networking group. They only let 1 company of each trade and there is currently no lawncare/landscaping group. There is a fee of 25 dollars but im not worried about the cost. Anyone else do anything like this?

I was just wondering, did you join this gruop? Did you find it benificial?
What was the name of the gruop?
DuWayne

ryde307

LawnSite Senior Member
I am in a BNI group. Same thing cost a fair amount more but works well. Networking is what life is all about I try to get out and shake as many hands as I can in a day.

DuWayne

LawnSite Member
I am in a BNI group. Same thing cost a fair amount more but works well. Networking is what life is all about I try to get out and shake as many hands as I can in a day.

Thats really great to hear, how long have you in the BNI.
I have joined this last Nov, I cann't determine how it will work for me as of yet, but so far every week that passes I feel thier is more interest building.
Now that the holidays are over I have been trying to go threw to do one-to-one, that has been going well. I even recieved an award for the most one-to-ones for Jan. I did not expect that at all.
I do have alot of high hopes and expectations from this group, as I'm just getting started and this will provide the most advertisement for my business my first year.
How many members are in your group? Our chapter is over 2years old and we now have 62 members and growing steadely.
DuWayne

OP
J

JMiller08

LawnSite Senior Member
Im still going back and forth on the idea of joining. Kind of at an awkward time, 7:45 to 9 in the morning every wednesday. If i have a full schedule im hoping to busy then. I get to the first lawn at 8 am. So still kicking around the idea. The group also only has 12 or so members i think she said.

OP
J

JMiller08

LawnSite Senior Member
Good thread White Gardens. I think i may join in a few months. This is only my second year in business and i just lost my full time job last month due to company shutting down. So im going in head first this spring and we will see what happens. I'd like to get my applicators license before i join though, im currently waiting on my study matierals so i can ake my test. I dont want to go in without a full service business. Make any sense or am i worried too much?

dwlah

LawnSite Senior Member
I went to a BNI meeting had about 30 or so people
Seems like it would work if you can make the meetings
I did meet a lady in the group that runs a collection agency and she has helped me some with my deadbeats
Seems like it would work I just couldnt commit to the meeting time

White Gardens

LawnSite Fanatic
I'd like to get my applicators license before i join though, im currently waiting on my study matierals so i can ake my test. I dont want to go in without a full service business. Make any sense or am i worried too much?

I think you are worrying too much. Just go, it takes a little bit for the group to truly see what you have to offer, so just go and get your license when you can. You could still sub out chemical applications if you get in a bind without your license.

I went to a BNI meeting had about 30 or so people
Seems like it would work if you can make the meetings
I did meet a lady in the group that runs a collection agency and she has helped me some with my deadbeats
Seems like it would work I just couldnt commit to the meeting time

I think that is one of the things that makes BNI work. If you are committed to the meetings, then that means that you would put in as much commitment for your fellow BNI members, whether it be work, or just helping them out too. Ultimately you have to give in to it as much as you get out of it.

Top Forums