• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Anyone use robin trimmers

qualitylawnpro

LawnSite Senior Member
Does anyone use robin trimmers? There are none in my area ive only seen a few in 20 years. I checked there website and there is only one dealer in the us, does anyone have any info?

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
Good luck finding a dealer!!! I tried a year or so ago. I even wrote to them a few times and they never bother to reply, so I gave up. BUT if you like the 25cc 4 cycle trimmer, Makita has the exact same copy in blue teal color instead of red if that match your outfit better!!!:laugh: I think there is another brand ( Dolmar?) have the same one too.

Check the other trimmers in Makita and Dolmar, they might be the same, I only check on the 4 cycle one. The Dolmar 75cc big 4 cycle blower that some people are talking about here originally from Robin. Robin, Dolmar and Makita sell the same 75cc and the 25cc 4 cycle blowers in teal, red or orange depend on your taste!!!

Hawg City Lawns

LawnSite Bronze Member
ive got the dolmar ms230c its a great trimmer i bought it last year to back up my stihl fs90r but this year i think i might switch it up and use the dolmar full time its just something about the way it feels its got a lot of power in that little mitsubishi engine but back to topic when i bought the dolmar the dealer was telling me its pretty much the same trimmer check out the robin nb2950 and the dolmar ms230c im pretty sure the robin has the bigger engine but with a different manufacturer im really wanting to try out the dolmar ms22c that thing only weighs 8.3 pounds they were sold out when i bought mine or i might have gotten that one

ShooterK2

LawnSite Senior Member
I was in at the local Bobcat/Grasshopper dealer here, and he had some new Robin trimmers on the rack. They were really light and felt good, and the price was competitive, but I've never heard of them before, so I went with Stihl instead.

Tharrell

LawnSite Silver Member
I have several and they're great.
The us importer is just down the road from me.
Sorry you can't find a dealer but truthfully, I haven't needed a dealer for any of mine since I bought them. Matter of fact, the last one I bought was from a furniture store that sells them. Stihl and Echo have most dealers sewn up.
When my dealer was in business, he sold Echo and Robin and he preferred the Robin and I'm glad he put me on the right path.
If you can get one, get the 25cc 2 stroke model. It's lightweight and very powerful.

Bunton Guy

LawnSite Silver Member
i've had two 25cc & the 29cc model. Both were great no complaints. Matter of fact they ran better than 99% of the trimmers I had. They never gave me issues I changed the fuel filter,air filter and spark plug once every other year if I was lucky and they gave me 5 years of great service till a theif thought he needed them more than me!

WREBELMACHINE

LawnSite Bronze Member
ran them for several years then needed a drive shaft for one. It took over a year to get one from CARSWELL who is the importer. Needless to say I no longer use them. They were good units and well built but if you need parts good luck with carswell.

bare spot

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have several and they're great.
The us importer is just down the road from me.
Sorry you can't find a dealer but truthfully, I haven't needed a dealer for any of mine since I bought them. Matter of fact, the last one I bought was from a furniture store that sells them. Stihl and Echo have most dealers sewn up.
When my dealer was in business, he sold Echo and Robin and he preferred the Robin and I'm glad he put me on the right path.
If you can get one, get the 25cc 2 stroke model. It's lightweight and very powerful.
switch over to robins and got a few but the 25cc is my favorite, it gets used a lot (2yrs), everyday. have no local dealers but planning tp get another if they are hopefully still around or even made.