anyone use security camera's?

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
Be this at your house or shop? Curious? Thinking of adding some to our shop, inside and out. Anyone with brands? Money to spend?

jequigle

LawnSite Member
I have them at my house. the brand I bought is Night Owl. Have 4 camera and a DVR and it was $329+ tax on amazon. I have it hooked up to my TV. I can also set it up to be viewed on my iPhone from anywhere in the country.
Posted via Mobile Device

Federal Lawn Company

LawnSite Member
I bought the 8-camera Defender (the one I got came with 4, and I bought 4 more). Infrared Night Vision, Selectable areas to detect Motion on EACH camera, you can leave certain areas unselected so your dogs, etc. won't trip it. Got it connected to my Droid Razr and can pull them up anywhere, anytime. The motions beep the inside DVR...which is 500GB, 30 days recording, with 3 outputs for viewing on 3 different screens, has remote, and the motion detect is almost TOO sensitive...you'll have to set it on 1 of 8 ! It'll pick up a flea in the yard, I do believe! Priced very well...each cam comes with 60' cable, and you can double that, cams are ALUMINUM with GLASS lenses. It's a real neat setup...and priced WAY cheaper than anything I compared it to. Check it.

OP
M

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
Federallawn -so the brand is defender? I will check later today. Short day - kids out at noon so there mom working so me and the 3 boz doing lunch! I gotta do when i can. Thanks for info.
Posted via Mobile Device

Federal Lawn Company

LawnSite Member
I like it a lot....does what it says. The problems some people have with the camera mounts tightening properly is because you have to pinch the base snug against the ball as you tighten the thumbscrew....just a tip.

David

MowingMowingMowing

LawnSite Senior Member
I have them at my house. the brand I bought is Night Owl. Have 4 camera and a DVR and it was $329+ tax on amazon. I have it hooked up to my TV. I can also set it up to be viewed on my iPhone from anywhere in the country.
Posted via Mobile Device
My cousin has something very similar to this, might be the same thing.

She just moved into a house where there is a lot of land and husband is away at work a lot. She can look on her iPhone and see everywhere in her house. Also works out good b/c she has 4 dogs, so when not home she can check on them and make sure they are all doing good.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Check out harbor freight. I got 4 cameras w ir for night. 4 channel dvr 27 day loop, $350 with a year or two warentee. love them they will link to the web just haven't done it yet need to tho.