Anyone use the off brand tractors? Such as kioti LS Mahindra

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by arl250, Mar 18, 2017.

1. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering who all uses these and what luck you've had.... I'm a Deere fan have multiple Deere pieces including a larger 5000 series and a smaller 2305 but I'm wanting something in the middle. Something with more grunt than the 2305 but less weight and size than the 5200. Both of these tractors play a huge role in my operation right now but one in between would greatly benefited too. I definitely haven't ruled out another Deere but I know prices on some of these other brands are cheaper and we just had a kioti dealer open up not to far from me. Just want to see you guys opinions.

hort101 likes this.
  2. Grant1

Grant1 LawnSite Member

Look at the Kioti. I have had 3 and all have worked out great. Currently have a DK45 HST

3. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

Have you had good luck getting parts too? That's my main concern. I've had issues before with stuff that wasn't a big name trying to get parts or find the right part.

4. brycez28

brycez28 LawnSite Member

I have been comparing tractors myself. Looked at Massey Ferguson 2706e (59hp, 4k pounds))and 1749 w/cab (49hp, 4k pounds). John Deere 4000 series. LS, Yanmar. The Massey had the best specs for comparable tractors of the brands at the best price. My biggest requirement was the loader lifting capacity, I wanted to be able to lift a 2000 lb skid onto and off my trailer. My local dealer did a test with the 2706e, it lifted and moved a 2400lb skid. You would want counter weight and the engine was at full throttle. Not a lifting capacity you would regularly want to move, but it will do it.

5. Deep Roots Turf Solutions

Deep Roots Turf Solutions LawnSite Member
    Male, from Munnsville Ny

My biggest concern was actual pto hp. Most of off brands had hard time getting th pto hp
    Also wanted the reliability. If tractors down I'm down.

6. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

I've owned my Kioti DK 35 for 16 years.
    Never gives me any problems. Nice machine.

Parts are no problem at all from what I can tell.

7. River

River LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

Kubota is a real nice tractor. a pre emissions one will last forever

8. Grant1

Grant1 LawnSite Member

My dealer can drop ship parts overnight if needed but have never needed anything that caused a work stoppage

9. F4rm3rj03

F4rm3rj03 LawnSite Senior Member

We purchased an LS a few months ago. XR3135 IIRC. Or it might be XR3531. Too soon to judge it. It don't seem to lift as much as the specs would led me to believe. $28k for tractor, FEL, and backhoe, box blade, tiller, front aux hydraulics, shorter front bumper (I preferred the "lessors" model's bumper since it allows FEL to get closer to truck.). I didn't want the LS initially but it is growing on me... My heart was set elsewhere....
    We spoke with a local Kubota dealer. Got told $36k for a new B26 TLB. Eff that! I don't see paying over $25k for a machine like that. Kubota is expensive now new... With their flimsy cheap feeling steps and floor.

10. HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a new kioti this year, the tractor is beautiful. It'll give a Deere or kubota a run for their money, and for the 60 grand it cost me, it should. I looked at other brands, I liked kioti the best. Another guy I know runs a bunch of them and if they weren't a great tractor, he wouldn't be running them either.