1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use the off brand tractors? Such as kioti LS Mahindra

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by arl250, Mar 18, 2017.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

The main thing to consider is if the dealer you are buying from is capable carrying out the warranty if you got serious issues. Here is an example. LS makes New Holland tractors up to like 70 or 80hp. All your New Holland dealers have certified mechanics capable of anything. My LS dealer near me is hardly capable of much more than an oil change. So if crap really hits the fan you might need to take your LS to a New Holland dealer if they will work on and no they won't except your warranty. Bobcat tractors were kioti and Mitsubishi makes some of mahindra.

2. liledgy

liledgy LawnSite Member

I don’t believe any compact tractor is made for commercial work. That being said, I’ll take my dk40 se over any other 40 compact tractor, certainly over a Deere compact. The kubota L45 is a commercial built machine as is a b26, both fine tractor models. As is a JD110.

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a bx 24 kubota and a 1998 new holland 1925 , no complaints . I would stay away from the chinese tractors , like northern tool sells . And the russian tractors Belarus

4. kevanosd

kevanosd LawnSite Member

Interesting thread... Deere is great at marketing. It's why most people don't know how many tractors JD buys from other suppliers. Their largest supplier is Yanmar (Japan) for most compacts and subcompacts, including your 2305. Carraro (Italy) builds some utility and specialized for JD

Mahindra DOES build the most tractors in the world, and bought Japan's Mitsubishi last year (think Cub Cadet except CC-Yanmar, compact IH, etc.).
    Mitsubishi build some Mahindra, and built IH and some Cub Cadet.

LS (formerly LG/GoldStar) builds compacts for New Holland and Case IH, as well as their own and others. Mitsubishi provided technical asst.

Branson is part of Kukje, which has built John Deere tractors over the years, and was purchased by TYM in 2016. Kukje originally had technological agreements with Yanmar and John Deere.

TYM (Tong Yang Moolson) has tie ups with Case IH, and has supplied some Mahindra, and the current RK Tractors, among others. Technical asst came from Iseki.

Kioti (DaeDong) received technical assistance from Ford, and later New Holland, and build the Bobcat tractors.

Massey Ferguson compacts are mainly built by Iseki in Japan, who also built Bolens, White, AGCO & Challenger compacts.

New Holland compacts are built by LS, Daedong, Shibaura (of Japan) and Carraro (Italy).

Case IH compacts are built by LS, Shibauara and Carraro.

Of note, Carraro (Agritalia) of Italy buils utility and specialized tractors for all of the majors: Case IH, John Deere, Claas, Massey Ferguson, Valtra and formerly Deutz-Fahr and others.

5. liledgy

liledgy LawnSite Member

Kioti also built the rear ends and maybe the trans and other parts for kubota up until the 1980’s. Daedong (kioti) has been building tractors sine the 1940’s

6. Bellcon

Bellcon LawnSite Member

I have a kioti dk55 cab, bought it new in 2008. I use it for commercial snow removal with a 84" pto snowblower. Don't know if it's the best but it's been a great machine for the last eleven years. I'm sure other brands are good too. I've had no issues/no down time at all. It has never failed to start even in negative temps and I don't plug it in, it stays on site. It has good power, bigger would always be better but I don't think I could go much bigger and still move it with a srw pickup. Cab is comfortable and laid out well and heater works very well. No issues with keeping the Windows defrosted at all. I do all my own service and other than filters which my dealer has in stock I haven't needed anything. Although I'm guessing now with the internet and express shipping you could have parts for any brand within a couple of days. If you need something fixed quicker than that and it's that critical to your business you need backup equipment.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I guess I can't agree with the comment about them not being suitable for commercial work since I've been doing for eleven years with no issues. Maybe I've just been lucky, I'm not trying to be sarcastic.I'm an owner/operator. I try to take care of my equipment as well as I can and use it but try not to abuse it. Admittedly I'm not brand loyal with any of my equipment. I've been a contractor for 30+ years, I buy what "talks to me" when I'm looking for something. I bought ford trucks for 20 years, great trucks. In 2005 gm started to have financial problems and they had some aggressive incentives, money matters that's why I'm in business. I've been in gm trucks since and they seem to work fine too.
    Good luck with your decision. Buy what "talks to you". If you don't you probably regret it.

Mdirrigation likes this.
  7. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

Yes.
    I generally just order OEM filter kits through Ebay.
    Any parts I need for my DK 35 I call or order online through https://www.michiganironandequip.com/.
    Delivered to my door within a few days.

8. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

To me kubota tractors are like mack trucks. Kubota builds the motor, kubota builds the tranny, the frame, the pumps, the loaders, and so forth! Never any waiting on an outside vender for a kubota part! No offence to john deere, but they haven't manufactured their own cuts for decades!

9. liledgy

liledgy LawnSite Member

As does Kioti.