Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the Bad Boy mowers. Saw one at a trade show this wknd and it looked pretty well built. Looking for a good ztr that can cut down on hours and still make a quality cut. I have a few yards with some scary hills. Thanks for input.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have one and it its awesome.
very stable on hills and a beautiful cut.
Try one before you buy anything else
Im sure you will be pleased with one.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Next year I want to purchase a 60" Bad Boy with a 25HP motor. Seems like a good buy at about $6000 out the door. That will become my commercial only mower and the Cub Cadet 44" ZTR will be my strictly residential mower. Boy I cant wait!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Factory direct right from Bad Boy. I used the link from lawnsite. I guess it ships right from the factory and that is the price. Who knows though. I am not getting a strictly commercial 60" until next year anyway.

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Originally posted by lawnman1972
Red flag? I think that they just paid to be on a Nextel Cup car, Does that sound like they are in any kind of trouble.
no, but spending in such frivolous manners will get them in trouble lickity split.

·
Registered
851 Posts
what you really need to look at with these guys is the "fluff" they surround their mowers with...the image and advertising is cool and all, but when you get to it, they are hard to work on, not many can work on them...the 25 HP bad boy uses like 12 HP to run the tractor, and 13HP for the deck....the Dixie with the 27HP uses 21HP for the deck! that means higher RPM's and a cleaner cut...plus, other than engine work, anyone can work on a Dixie

·
Registered
211 Posts
Chevyman, I dont know where you get your information, but you are overly misinformed.

I have a 52" 27hp badboy and dont have any problem working on it. Actually I havent had to "work on it" but everything on the machine in very accessible in case there is a maintenance issue.

Get information from bad boy and the people who use their products. Not from someone who goes on hearsay alone.

Checkout their website.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as units being serviced around here, there is only one authorized Gravely dealer and a Toro/Snapper dealer, oh and a JD dealer. So with anything I buy it probably won't be able to be serviced here anyway. The Toro/Snapper dealer won't work on any other brand than what he sells or represents.

·
Registered
851 Posts
sorry Bayou, but the information I gave you about the deck RPM's is true...not trying to fight with you, just pointing out Bad Boy's are kinda like buying TV's at Walmart vs. and Electronics store...great on the surface, cheaper price, but just not as good

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ok lets just say we agree to disagree.
Not trying to fight with you either.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What makes you "THINK" one would be hard to work on?
With the swing away design, everything is easy to get to.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A thanks for the help, I think. I was just curious if anyone was running the bad boy mowers. Didn't mean to start the whole "Ford" "Chevy" dispute. So once again is anyone using the bad boy mowers and what's the feedback on them.
Thanks

·
Founder
629 Posts
Originally posted by lampeslawnservice
A thanks for the help, I think. I was just curious if anyone was running the bad boy mowers. Didn't mean to start the whole "Ford" "Chevy" dispute. So once again is anyone using the bad boy mowers and what's the feedback on them.
Thanks
You didnt start a dispute ... you asked about bad boy's from persons running them. The first reply to your thread was a violation of rules... and a reply that had nothing to do with your question.

Now, this is taken care of and its time to get this discussion back on track with feedback to lampeslawnservice from members who are running the bad boy mower.

ps.. I moved most of the flames to the support forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Lets try this again.
Yes I run a 52" 27hp Bad Boy, and have nothing but praise for such a fine peice of machinery. Beautiful cut, plenty of power and it certainly gets some attention passing through town on the trailer.

Try one out if you get a chance.

It is a very well built machine.
Any time I have had a question on anything Wes and the folks at
Bad Boy have been very quick with responses and answers to all my questions. In my opinion they go far beyond all expectiaitons to make their customers happy.

I certainly have no regrets with my purchase and can say my next one will also be a Bad Boy. 60' this time though.

Sincerely!

·
Registered
85 Posts
i just bought a bad boy 27 hp kawasaki liquid cooled 60 in cut AOS model. Go for the AOS model it comes standard with an suspension seat. I have about 22 hrs on it now and love it. it stripes very well and handles well on the hills.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.