Anyone using battery pack hand held equipment?

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by Myk, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Senior Member

I think the quote is not referring to interpretations that are wrong but actual established fact. Writing or reporting something that is not true or merely an opinion does not constitute a fact of science. If it did anyone could say X + Y = A when the the true fact is X + Y = Z. Don't succumb to the "Alternate Facts" crap that is mainstream today.

2. HortGuy1

HortGuy1 LawnSite Member

Got an 80 volt Greenworks Pro Li-Ion Cordless String Trimmer this weekend. I really like the fact that there isn't a fuel/oil smell with it. It is a quieter than gas, seems to have plenty of power. Charger has a fan to cool the battery so it can fully charge in 30 minutes. Balance is good, you need the included shoulder strap, the large battery makes this heavier than any other battery model I have tried, but doesn't feel heavier than a gas model. Trimmed really well, but had trouble finding the correct angle to use it as an edger, might just need practice. You can adjust the line cut off in the head, so you can run 14" or 16" swath. The one thing I have to get used to is it takes a second to get up to full speed once you mash the trigger, it isn't instantaneous like gas. It's like it has a 2 stage starter, it starts at a medium speed, and a second later it takes off.Overall, very happy with the product.

hort101 likes this.
  3. Velo781

Velo781 LawnSite Member

Which model is it? The attachment capable model is much heavier and less speed control.

4. HortGuy1

HortGuy1 LawnSite Member

5. Velo781

Velo781 LawnSite Member

Yeah that's the attachment capable one. It's also a lot louder because it always runs full speed and has a mechanical transmission. I didn't like the direction it spun too.https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01CA4PRRO/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Price was as cheap as $115 over the winter, that's with 2ah battery and charger. It's very rare that I use full throttle. Only when I'm cutting down a 2ft tall lawn before mowing.
    Also, .095 line is a must

HortGuy1 likes this.
  6. HortGuy1

HortGuy1 LawnSite Member

That's a good price, and includes a battery and charger. Looks much lighter too, going to look into that one.

7. HortGuy1

HortGuy1 LawnSite Member

8. sagesove

sagesove LawnSite Member

Which question?

9. sagesove

sagesove LawnSite Member

Well that is just wierd and wrong. I have already paid my dues to cover what in all reality is finally a reimbursement to me. Instead of complaining about something you just assumed and have zero evidence to back up your statement, start learning and doing for yourself things which are legally and lawfully allowed. You might just be thanking me in the end if you decide to take matters into your own hands and do your own due dilligence to make the system work for you.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  10. HortGuy1

HortGuy1 LawnSite Member

I got the version that doesn't take attachments, I like it a lot better. Variable speed, better balance, cheaper, but everything that I put in front of it. I'm sold.

Velo781 and hort101 like this.