1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using battery pack hand held equipment?

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by Myk, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Blainethompson

Blainethompson LawnSite Senior Member

Those are freakin cool!

HortGuy1 likes this.
  2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i love the echo battery equiment. i have all of it. pushmower, trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer, and chainsaw. i mostly use them around my own house but i use the hedge trimmer and chainsaw for my business sometimes.

HortGuy1 likes this.
  3. Velo781

Velo781 LawnSite Member

I think the 33" mean green walk behind is 9 grand. That's just not happening.

It's also really heavy. I just want a larger cut walk behind. With electric you can make it lighter, shouldn't be over 150lbs for 30-33" inch cut. Why is no manufacturer getting going on this? Im almost considering buying a gas 30" even though I'm all electric. The walking mileage is taking a toll on me with my Greenworks 80v 20" cut (says 21 but that is just the deck width).

Just got the gw 80v hedge trimmer bc my 36v black n Decker has issues turning on. It's heavier but clearly can handle a lot more tough cutting.

HortGuy1 likes this.
  4. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Bronze Member

Try Greenworks 80 Volt - like Arbies "its got the meats".

HortGuy1 likes this.
  5. Love the Green Biz

Glad to hear you are an electric pioneer. I know mean green prices need to come down but the big cost are the batteries. They are heavy duty to take punishment plus add in the bats and you get the weight.
    You already know the perks of no fumes, no fuel and less noise. With mean green consider the downwind savings of no oil changes, filters, fuel cost etc before dismissing the upwind cost. I know one small operation by me that bought one two years ago with special pricing at a demo and never stops singing its praises. Plus he let on that coming home not stinking of gas and oil has added fuel to his love life (they don't advertise that perk!).

HortGuy1 and hort101 like this.
  6. Love the Green Biz

Like I just posted the machines will really take off once the battery costs come down.

HortGuy1 likes this.