Anyone using battery pack hand held equipment?

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by Myk, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Silver Member

It would be cool to customize them. Anyone have some ideas or pics of what you've done to your own mowers?

2. Love the Green Biz

The man knows what he likes.

Can't convince you to try just one piece of equipment?

3. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a stihl battery power blower for my wife to use in her gardening. I love tax deductible Christmas presents.
    We'll see how it works. She always struggled starting any of my gas blowers. And like I told her, it'll make a heck of good hair dryer !

Love the Green Biz and hort101 like this.
  4. Lithium Man

Lithium Man LawnSite Member

Hello to all. Figured I'd chime in on this thread. I'm using all battery operated tools. My lineup is a 80v 21" mower,Ego weed eater,Ego hedge trimmer, Ego blower (530CFM) and the Ego powerhead with edger and chainsaw attachment.
    I do a commercial property and some residential homes as well. For the upcoming season I'm looking for a wide area mower to speed up production.

Love the Green Biz and hort101 like this.
  5. Love the Green Biz

Check out meangreenproducts.com for their most affordable 33" walk behind. They are the leaders in large lithium ion mowers. They are pricey but may be worth your investment. Great to see you on board!

hort101 likes this.
  6. danothemano

danothemano LawnSite Member

I have been more than satisfied with makita's 18 x2 lineup. I picked up their top string trimmer, which included a dual charger and two 5ah batteries. They last a long time and the quality is amazing. I previously had the ryobi 40 attachment with string trimmer and edger, I also have their jet blower, makita is way ahead in comparison. I just wish they release an edger, I'd buy in a heartbeat

7. danothemano

Wow, $9000, that's a lotta cash homey

8. danothemano

But it's a step in the right direction

9. Lithium Man

Lithium Man LawnSite Member

I like the new Makita chainsaw. Ryobi's 38" riding mower is the only mower that has my attention for now. I'm waiting to see what Ego is going to release for 2018 before making a purchase. They have some game changers coming I'm hearing.

10. Love the Green Biz

I know dano-that is big scratch. Can't wait for the prices to drop-the big rub are the batteries. Hey-whats the MPH and CFM on blower?