Anyone using battery pack hand held equipment?

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by Myk, Jan 1, 2017.

1. danothemano

danothemano LawnSite Member

2. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Gold Member

You might want to avoid the attachments angle-stick with dedicated tools for each application. Changing heads is just another time waster and accelerant to tool failure.

3. danothemano

danothemano LawnSite Member

I'm already committed to their string trimmer I purchased last year( and am more than satisfied), I just wish they'd make an edger on its own as well.

I dropped $350 for the trimmer, charger and batteries last year. I appreciate your reply as I need to talk myself out of this one lol.

Curious, how do you think the multi attachments accelerate failure? I need to look into that

4. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Silver Member

I have given up for now on the thought of using an electric mower but I'm considering going electric for a few hand held. Blower,string trimmer and hedge clipper...my neighbor bought the electric ryobi hedge clipper and let me try it out on my hedges and I was fully impressed....

HortGuy1 likes this.
  5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I'm curious about hedge trimmer weights comparing plug-in/electric VS battery/rechargeable VS gas-powered.

Have had an Echo gas powered for well over a decade. Other than a new spark plug every year or two and replacing the fuel lines...it has been extremely reliable. BUT, it is heavy for when having to reach out over the tops of hedges to level them out.

6. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Silver Member

I used to own a gas one and the electric was a little bit lighter ....which goes along way when your reaching out and no heat and no fumes...I was impressed how long battery lasted as well....

HortGuy1 likes this.
  7. Love the Green Biz

Nature of the beast. Constantly switching heads wears on the attachments and over utilizes the single motor. Grab and go, blow, wack and trim is faster.

8. HortGuy1

HortGuy1 LawnSite Member

9. Love the Green Biz

Thanks for this HG1-it says much about the wave that is gaining traction across the country. I predict we will see amazing progress in battery equipment over the next ten years and many more of us getting on board.

Everyone-keep your eyes open. Go to trade shows. Talk to your dealers. The best is yet to come!

HortGuy1 and Greencuts518 like this.
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We just bought a stihl hedge trimmer for both short and and tall stuff. It should last 2 hours and pretty light.

KIMG4965.jpg

It is not fully extended and it articulates.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    HortGuy1 and hort101 like this.