Anyone using battery pack hand held equipment?

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by Myk, Jan 1, 2017.

1. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Used the 20v Dewalt chainsaw yesterday on and off a 5hr clean up where I cut down and limbed out 7 trees ranging from 14” ,12” some 6” and a couple 3” trees . The 14” and 12” were easily 28/30’ full trees. I purposely ran the Dewalt to see how it would handle it. Filled the oil twice as well changed the 5.0 battery once. There were a couple high cuts I needed the extended reach Echo to make for safety but other than that the Dewalt cut the rest. Never had to get the big saw out of the trailer. Love that lil saw!!

zlandman, Cam15, HortGuy1 and 2 others like this.
  2. grasscutter801

grasscutter801 LawnSite Member

I just picked up a couple DH2000 hedge trimmers (shindaiwa), and I am thoroughly impressed so far. I figured for $120 each, im not out too much cash (about 6 yard mowings for both, hah)
    I got these becasue we do not do a lot of hedge trimming, just a handfull of houses that need it and for some spring and fall cleanups.
    All the gas ones I checked out were so heavy they had me worrying about fatigue stretched out trying to trim all day.
    These are quite light. They are lighter than the electric plug in we had been using.
    I have not really put them to the test yet other than some trimming and pruning the hedges and bushes around the house, and I am sold.
    I took a risk on these as I literally could find nothing about them on the internet, unless my skill were lacking, but im quite glad i took that gamble.
    Im so impressed, Im thinking about trying the Shindy T3000 battery powered line trimmer and see how that work around the house.
    I would like to think I could go battery powered in the business, but I just dont think we could pull it off with 8-10 hours of mowing and trimming per day. Would take too many batteries to make it work I think.
    But these hedge trimmers are awesome, and the line trimmer might be good for light duty, or an extra guy coming along.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    HortGuy1, hort101 and sjessen like this.
  3. danothemano

danothemano LawnSite Senior Member

I was at my father in laws house for Mother's Day, he has the Milwaukee 18 trimmer and hedger, the trimmer is a little rough for my liking vs my Makita, Makita is wayyyyy smoother, I am talking the 36v x2 vs 18 Milwaukee. But the power was similar, I may give a nod to Milwaukee, but it performed way more like a toy vs a tool, rough around the edges

HortGuy1 likes this.