Lawn Care Forum banner
121 - 140 of 655 Posts
It was slack at work today,so I looked at the G6s to see where some weight could be removed and it hit me:hammerhead: Took about two hours using a bench grinder and lots of sweat but the final product looked slimmed up and ready for business.
The motor ran much smoother,motor response was a little quicker and the motor was able to rev a little higher up in RPM range.,which was my goal to achieve after the initial run with the G6s.
My neighbor hasn't mowed his grass in quite some time,so I took the liberty to make a trail run using the G6s:) and the motor took a subtle drop in RPMs but man the Snapper just kept jugging along spitting out fine dusted grass clippings,those blades truly perform past most expectations,noisy as heck but you get used to it.
The cutting quality is great,no more second passes cutting down on gas expenses, the suction these blades generate is unbelievable and I'm grinning from ear to ear listening to all the action taking place under the deck:laugh: and most important,I didn't see one stringer standing. I found my replacement bladesThumbs Up I'd still like to up the displacement sometime soon though.

Why are they louder??

Did you balance them?

Well, they don't come balanced.

1 out of 10 blades I get new is balanced close enough to use.

No the dealer was just following our cross reference information. All 3 reports have come in the last month or so. We will put out a bulletin shortly advising not to use our Gator Mulcher® blade on the mowers with BBC.
We will cover the repair under our warranty policy.Have the dealer contact me at 800-743-3150 Ext 307 if he has any questions.
NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL STANDING BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT, AND PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!:cool2::weightlifter::drinkup:

Oregon OEP, I've been looking for after market blades for my exmark PHAZER 34'' the blade size is 17-1/2 w/ 5/8 center hole, I would love to find some gator G6's in that size. I found 17-1/2 w/ 15/16 center hole not 5/8 center hole. P.S. just got 3 sets of g6's (9 blades)for my for my 60'' toro grandstand they work great!! Any help would be really appreciated

This might be a little radical but do you think drilling holes in the blade would lighten them enough and still be safe to use?
It is never advised to drill holes in our blades. This changes and possibly compromises the structural integrity if the metal and can lead to stress fractures and possible breakage. All holes and notches are stamped in the blade before heat treating.

Oregon OEP, I've been looking for after market blades for my exmark PHAZER 34'' the blade size is 17-1/2 w/ 5/8 center hole, I would love to find some gator G6's in that size. I found 17-1/2 w/ 15/16 center hole not 5/8 center hole. P.S. just got 3 sets of g6's (9 blades)for my for my 60'' toro grandstand they work great!! Any help would be really appreciated

Unfortunately because Toro uses the blade saddles our 3" wide blades will not work. We need the 3" so we can get the higher lift formed. Does the Grandstand not havethese saddles?

I have added the blade to our research list. Will see what we can do.

Thanks (Oregon OEP) It would really help me, plus I know alot of 34'' exmark phazers are out their...

(KING FISH) good idea but i don't wanna go through all the hassle since I don't even know of any machine shops anyways, and I'd have to take off the spindles, I was thinking maybe i could find some kind of spacer to fit in the 15/16'' center hole to make it 5/8 center hole???

Thanks (Oregon OEP) It would really help me, plus I know alot of 34'' exmark phazers are out their...

(KING FISH) good idea but i don't wanna go through all the hassle since I don't even know of any machine shops anyways, and I'd have to take off the spindles, I was thinking maybe i could find some kind of spacer to fit in the 15/16'' center hole to make it 5/8 center hole???
They are are called bushings , and a good place to look is McMaster-
Carr online. 15/16O.D./5/8 I.D.x how ever thick your blades are.

Tried mowing without the mulch kit and with the G6's. Not bad. No real blowout with the discharge open, as others mentioned, but had to double cut most of it. Never had to with the standard curved edge high lifts and the mulcher kit, so I don't have any use for the G6's. Standard notched high lifts for my pasture and high lift curved edge blades to mulch with the kit for the yard. Anyone with a 61 inch Grasshopper want some blades? I'll make you a deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have to admit after almost a week using the g6 blades on my 60'' Grandstand, they don't have the lift like the standard notched high lifts and leave a couple stranglers here an their,but they mulch much better (no mulch kit) finer grass being discharged i still like them, "but I really wish they had more lift..."

P.S. Still trying to find those bushing for my PHAZER? I looked at the above mentioned website, I'll keep looking.

I've gotten to use them for a week on my Scag 36 WB. Honestly I can't yell any difference in cut quality or clipping size and dispersal when comparing to the factory high lifts. And I don't have any blowout problems.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have to admit after almost a week using the g6 blades on my 60'' Grandstand, they don't have the lift like the standard notched high lifts and leave a couple stranglers here an their,but they mulch much better (no mulch kit) finer grass being discharged i still like them, "but I really wish they had more lift..."

P.S. Still trying to find those bushing for my PHAZER? I looked at the above mentioned website, I'll keep looking.
I have an very old Snapper Pro 36" with a deck designed by Dinosaurs,so there are no bragging rights to using modern technology here and after installing the G6s I can literally watch the grass being sucked up in under my deck from 2" away in comparison to the Ferris Hi-lifts I was using. I honestly find it hard to believe that some of you having to second cut for that quality cut or find the clipping sizes still remain normal or leave stranglers hanging , as I'm experiencing just the opposite. The only faults I have of this blade is it's sheer mass weight. Maybe some of the more experienced hands can shed some light on this or the Factory Rep but so far these blades for now have won me over.

I installed a set of these on my Ferris the other day and didn't notice any difference in any rpm loss whatsoever at blade engage or wide open throttle. These blades rip! The first thing I noticed immediately was how far clippings were thrown. It gets rid of them and right now! I am won over by these blades. Good job Oregon :clapping:

121 - 140 of 655 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.