Apartment Complex RFP

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Mow-eze, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Mow-eze

Mow-eze LawnSite Member

Property is 27 acres total, approx 15.5 acres turf. I think I am in the 24-26 man hour range for mow, trim, blow service. Thoughts? Seem reasonable?

pv (2).jpg

Cam15 likes this.
  2. m_ice

m_ice LawnSite Member
    from IL

Winning bid will have less than 16 man hours in the job

Cam15 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Mow-eze

Mow-eze LawnSite Member

Even with all of the trimming? That’s a lot of buildings and curbs.

4. PJ Billetta

PJ Billetta LawnSite Member

say 18-24...

5. La Chandler

La Chandler LawnSite Member

Just a question- Has anyone ever offered to service such a property for free to determine how many man hours such a job would take? Might eliminate signing a losing contract.

6. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

NO, you should know your abilities. If you don't know, don't give it away for free.

m_ice and Cam15 like this.
  7. m_ice

m_ice LawnSite Member
    from IL

Yes

That's why God made 72" mowers.
    Park in the middle, divide into 2 sections, both sections are a lap with the trimmer starting and ending at the truck...same goes for blower.
    The key is no wasted steps!

8. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

We serviced an apartment complex several years ago and it was around 30 acres. Year round monthly with mowing, shrubs, fert and squirt was about 4700 a month.

We parted ways after they had issues paying me for putting their irrigation system back together. 22 zones in the front of the complex and 0 were being run by the controller. Even after the manager was apprised of the situation, they still wanted to balk at the price for getting it running. She said "it was running all last year!" Problem is, the former landscaper was turning on all the valves manually and watering stuff.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Mow-eze likes this.