1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

apartment complex

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Aug 31, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a call today for an estimate on a apartment/condo complex. the lawn is 7 acres and there is quite a bit of trimming. I have done side jobs and cleanups at the place and the groundskeeper finally got the complex board to hire me. I was thinking $40 an acre. Is that to much or less?

2. firststarkid

firststarkid LawnSite Member

$40 sounds about right. But have you ever taking a apartment complex beefore? Not trying to make fun of that particular complex but i did the one that i live in and they nevered payed me. So be careful. just trying to help

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

If this complex is anything like the ones I do I think you need to raise your price up to about $400 to $450.

4. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

We did a low income housing complex, 33 acres total area, 11 acres of grass to mow, the rest sidewalk, buildings and parking lots. Only had to edge sidewalks 2 times per year, and keep sidewalk cracks and parking lots sprayed for weeds on a continuing basis. Took 3 men 6 hours got paid $650 per cut. Wasn't too bad a job except for the trash we had to deal with. Would like to have a little more but we were low bidder by onle $20 per cut out of 7 bids.

5. printer88

printer88 LawnSite Member

If you feel like 280.00 per cut is enough for you then so be it.So I would agree with specialtylc and raise it to atleast 375.00.

6. cmorris

cmorris LawnSite Member

Be careful with this bid, it is a real pita trimming and blowing off all patios and sidewalks. The trash is like nothing I have ever seen before.