Lawn Care Forum banner

Appearance while working outside

8K views 54 replies 38 participants last post by  The C Man 
#1 ·
Does any one see a problem in taking your shirt off when working at a customers house? I would like to cause im getting the classic farmers tan really bad but I don't really think it looks very professional. Just wondering what your thoughts are on the subject. :cool:

#3 ·
As long as you fold it neatly and put it aside with your shoes, I think it's fine. :rolleyes:

#7 ·
Remsen1 said:
It's only ok if you're a good looking young lady :p , otherwise no, it isn't very professional.

I remember reading somewhere about somebody who tried a topless mowing service charging premium prices but I don't know how they made out with it.
We should start one with 2 knock outs in bikinis mowing and call the company, are you ready, 2 BUSTED MOWERS! :D

#9 ·
Shirts stay on!!! If they wanted that kind of look on their property, they could've got a discount by hiring a couple of scrub amateurs who are out doing it for their beer money.

#11 ·
Want ad: "Wanted two attractive females to assist lawn company while wearing a two piece bathing suit. Work on your tan and make good money."

Have them do little things like pulling some weeds, blowing off hard surfaces, a little pruining here and there and looking pretty. Can't do too much yard work in a bathing suit though. Maybe they could ride a ZTR.

#13 ·
I have one job out in the country and that I take my shirt off. I know the guy pretty well now so I'm not to concerned with it. In fact he and his wife are coming over to a cookout this sunday. Sometimes when pressure cleaing roofs I might take it off as well. Other then that I leave it on.

#14 ·
what do you guys think about taking the shirt on but leaving an undergarment on such as an wife beater?

#16 ·
Does anyone wear long sleeve shirts? im thinking of finding the thinest long sleeves I can and trying it. I already wear a full brim hat and with the long sleeves i wont need bother with sun screen. plus my arms dont get dusty and dirty! this isnt a joke by the way. When it hits 100 around here Ill probably loose the long sleeves though. I thought wearing my big hat would make me hotter but it acually keeps me cooler as the top is vented and the back of my neck thanks me!

#18 ·
You are the boss, do whatever you want. I take mine off occasionally. Is it professional? Who decides what is professional?

#20 ·
Green Pastures said:
I used to do it when I first started, but not for several years now. It's very unprofessional.
Hmmm... Is the A-shirt unpro? That's what I wear any day it gets over 70, heh. It's still a bit of a farmer's tan but not so bad and you show more skin (and cool better) without being topless. Thou I have not an ounce of fat either and the topless thing tempts me beyond belief and I still do it (did it today, matter of fact).

I think it depends some on the neighborhood as well ... If you're in middle of sophisto-ville it might be a bad idea, but if you're in the middle of a working-class neighborhood, it's probably not that big a deal. I did learn you got to be REAL careful because you can tempt married women, and that can get you in some serious trouble.

Just my thoughts... If you do go topless, be prepared to work extra-hard so it makes more sense :) Be ready to do double-time, so to speak. My favorite is full-pace with wheelbarrow loads of mulch, or trimming so fast it chokes the weed-eater on full throttle.

Say, you ever work so hard that your portable sports mp3 player skipped?
:)

#21 ·
Remsen1 said:
Want ad: "Wanted two attractive females to assist lawn company while wearing a two piece bathing suit. Work on your tan and make good money."

Have them do little things like pulling some weeds, blowing off hard surfaces, a little pruining here and there and looking pretty. Can't do too much yard work in a bathing suit though. Maybe they could ride a ZTR.
Oh hell, that's what I been missing! Dude I bought my new WB and everything is like in the picture - Beautiful lawns, easy chill work, smile on my face, but... No budweiser girls... I kept wondering what happened to that part, and somehow I seem to be missing the waiter bringing me constant refreshment as well.

#26 ·
The shirts on that site are really quite hideous. And what about having them printed with your company logo? Does that do anything to the fabric?
I am a woman doing lawn care, and I think a "wife beater" is ok if you're in great shape and maybe in the back yard? I had some made with my logo on them, so I think it's a bit more professional. But it's true, the neighborhood you're in is really the deciding factor. Use good judgement. I get no complaints when I'm wearing one! :angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.