1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Appearance while working outside

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by FinalCut05, May 27, 2005.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh hell, that's what I been missing! Dude I bought my new WB and everything is like in the picture - Beautiful lawns, easy chill work, smile on my face, but... No budweiser girls... I kept wondering what happened to that part, and somehow I seem to be missing the waiter bringing me constant refreshment as well.

2. rokinrandy

rokinrandy LawnSite Member
    from nc

the farmers tan ain't so bad ..what i hate is the tan on the top part of my butt crack from bending to get work done all day.. :p im sorry i could'nt help it

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If I was the homeowner I wouldn't stand for it.

As the owner of this business, I would NOT stand for the shirts to be off. Period. No argument, no discussion.

4. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.nomoretanlines.com/shirtafct.htm

5. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting... anyone every try those tan-thru shirts in the above link?

6. k8ydid

k8ydid LawnSite Member

The shirts on that site are really quite hideous. And what about having them printed with your company logo? Does that do anything to the fabric?
    I am a woman doing lawn care, and I think a "wife beater" is ok if you're in great shape and maybe in the back yard? I had some made with my logo on them, so I think it's a bit more professional. But it's true, the neighborhood you're in is really the deciding factor. Use good judgement. I get no complaints when I'm wearing one! :angel:

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Personaly I don't think women should have to wear shirts at all. :cool2: :D

8. kevB

kevB LawnSite Member

Keep in mind, you still get UV exposure through clothing, including long sleeves. Not much, but if you are really concerned, you should buy UV-blocking clothing. (I guess it would only really be important if you are taking a medication that has major side effects with sun exposure.)

9. Varick

Varick LawnSite Member

It is a strict policy with my employees, no shirts no job. I provide company logo shirts and hats.

10. Lumberjack

Lumberjack LawnSite Member

You show up in my yard shirtless and you wont be returning again unless your a well built lady....

No shirt = AMATUERS