1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Application gloves

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bice14, Feb 13, 2013.

1. bice14

bice14 LawnSite Member

What are everyone's favorite most comfortable chemical resistant gloves they are using during the applications.

I typically use the 15 mil gloves from Gemplers but there has to be something better than these. What you working with???

2. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Blue nitrile gloves from our local warehouse supply.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

Subscribing I use the the thick green gloves and pore out the sweat every 5 minutes or so
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

I get mixed answers on this... Are the long gloves required or can we use the wrist high disposable nitrile gloves?

5. bice14

bice14 LawnSite Member

yeah, i dont think there is any way around that. LOL

6. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

What does the PPE label tell you? That's what we follow, guy
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

"chemical resistant protective gloves" No label I have read says it has to be up to my forearm. I guess it's just standard procedure for the tall gloves.

8. bice14

bice14 LawnSite Member

Really?!?!? No one has got some nice gloves that they like a whole lot? I have searched everywhere I can think of to find something more comfortable.

Bummed.

9. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I think you can wear a cotton or polyester liner inside your gloves. Rinse them out and let them dry every night. Need several to give them time enough to dry.