Application Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdran5, Aug 15, 2004.

  1. Is it expected with most residential contracts that applications are included, i.e, weed and feed, round up fence lines, I have been applying round up to chain link fence lines and not charging extra, wouldn't this be part of the trimming? I cant get close enough to the chain link with out going through a lot of trimmer line. Any ideas I don't want to make these mistakes in the future.

    Rich Landscapes
  2. Turf Medic

    Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,073

    are you licensed to apply herbicides?

    If so, yes you normally charge extra for applications, occasionally free if it is a small amount and it will make your job easier. However you still need to notify the home owner that you are applying pesticides.
  3. Thanks, Tuff Medic, I have been short changing myself, I am not licensed to do apps, but I will look into it immediately, I really don't wont to get in to applying chemicals, other than weed and feed and round-up. I guess a license is also req'd for applying 10-10-10.

    Thanks, Rich Landscapes
  4. BSDeality

    BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,849

    in most states you're not allowed to apply round-up or any fertilizer with herbacides in it without a pesticide license. chances are you are allowed to apply straight fert though
  5. Thanks, I am going to find out, don't need any surprises, I am just starting out.

Share This Page