• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Application Records on Excel

mcjhuff

LawnSite Member
We use Microsoft access to track everything. Similar to excel just uses databases instead. 1,000+ customers and continuing to evolve and is free and customizable. Much more versatile than excell.

GREENITUP

LawnSite Senior Member
Yep - use both excel and QuickBooks. Used to work in accounting and got pretty good with excel. Have multiple spreadsheets (or tabs) all with auto sort columns..... sort and print each round by account number or last rounds treatment date or however you want. Populate at the end of each day with the "date" of treatment. Each new week I hide completed jobs and use the list to print invoices in QB. good luck.

Reactions: ETM
OP
L

lawntennis

LawnSite Senior Member
My office manager actually mentioned access might be better. Haven’t worked with access but might give it a try. Thanks for input everyone. I have some pest control companies but there isn’t a pest forum where experienced pros are willing to help by sharing their knowledge and experience.

mcjhuff

LawnSite Member
I would definitely recommend giving it a solid look. It’s easy enough to get a quick start but I am constantly finding bugs when I try to improve it. Switched to hosted databases several years ago so can use multiple computers at once. It’s can be a lot of work but it does exactly what I want it to. I have a solid background in coding that comes in handy and the database is kinda a hobby. Let me know if you have any questions if you choose to go this route.